Thursday 27 February 2020

Seagull Adventure

Hello.  Welcome.  I've made a travel themed card using Crafty Individual stamps.

  
I started with a slightly ombre card base and stamped the seagull and suitcases from CI Seagull Adventure stamp with black archival.   This was one of the first CI stamps I bought and still one of my favourites.  I think the seagull perched on the suitcases adds a bit of an unexpected element.   He also seems to be keeping an eye on those other birds in the background.  I masked and stamped CI Full Steam Ahead with brown archival ink.  Love this grungy collage background stamp.  I added some orange gel pen colour to Seagull's beak and legs and a bit of weathered wood distress ink to his body.  Then I stamped the sentiment, which is part of CI Bicycle Embrace stamp, with black archival on white card and cut it out.  I says Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  

Thanks for dropping by.    Hugz

Joining the fun at
Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - Leap Into The Odd
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Country View Challenges February 2020 - Splatters, Splashes and Drips some splats on the background stamp

3 comments:

rachel said...

Great card - loving the stamp and the splats on the background! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs Rachel xx

sarascloset said...

What a great travel themed card! I love how you've colored the seagull, and yes, it's pretty odd to see him perched there on the suitcases. Perhaps someone was throwing some food nearby. I once had a seagull swoop down and steal my sandwich out of my hand when I was sitting on the beach. The nerve! Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! Hugs!

Cec said...

Love your card. The background is a great and somewhat odd combination of images and then your seagull adds a perfect focal point, especially the way he is coloured. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec