Thursday 6 February 2020

It's All About The Hat

Hello Nomad friends.  It's been a busy few days so today I was determined to get into the craft room and make something.  I used to hate to think about Christmas before December, then sending handmade cards meant thinking about it a bit sooner.  Then I started finding Christmas card challenges in blogland that encouraged me to make a few cards each month.  Now I am a Christmas card all year sort of girl.  I really liked the colours of 52 Weeks To Christmas January Challenge, and today is the last day, so I figured I'd do something with that first.


Working with non-traditional colours makes you think of non-traditional motifs.  ABC want cats and dogs and there was this Brutus Monroe cat all NBUS on my desk just asking for a die cut santa hat.  I started with an offcut for my card base so this card is about 7 x 12cm.  I added a piece of grey woodgrain card and stamped the cat with Watering Can archival in a smudgy sort of way.  So I restamped the cat on a white scrap and fussy cut.  I found a small Sizzix stamp die set and stamped the foliage corners and the North Pole Air Mail postmark.  I added colour to the leaves and the cats glasses with a green gel pen.  The hat and hearts were die cut from a scrap I found.  I think it was a coffee filter that I painted with green acrylic paint.  It gave a fun texture.  I added some scraps of glitter card and a little glitter glue on the corner plants and done!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Cat is joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas Challenge - Januari Colour Challenge
ABC Christmas Challenge - C is for Cat
Crimbo Crackers Challenge 203 - Mini Cards
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - With Love
Stempelgarten Challenge 89 - Von Herzen

https://52weekstochristmas.blogspot.com/2020/01/challenge-januari.html

10 comments:

Ingrid's Scrapfrutsels said...


what a nice card you made with cat. very funny, for a Christmas card. Thank you for participating in our challenge. With kind regards Ingrid

Jantine said...

Lovely card with a beautiful cat!
Thanks for joining the challenge at 52WTC.
Jantine DT 52WTC

Rosina said...

Gorgeous Christmas card ....loveley this cat ...
Hug Rosina
DT 52 WTC

Anita van Deur said...

So cute your cat card, love his hat and glasses!

Annemarie en Merit said...

Wat a nice christmascard.
thanks for joining us at de colorchallenge by 52WTC.
Liefs Annemarie en Merit DT52WTC

Liz said...

What a fun Christmas card, I love the cat!! xx

Inkyfingers said...

This kitty brings a great big smile to my face and I love the non-traditional colours!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

How in heavens did I miss this guy? He's furbulous and very, very coooool, Jo x

Dorte said...

Super cute Christmas card, Gail....lovely in green. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

LittleCraftsbyLia said...

Hello there – thanks so much for joining us at the Stempelgarten-Challengeblog!
Make sure to come back soon to see who Mr. Random will pick as our lucky winner =)
Hugs, Lia