Tuesday 12 February 2013

Just a Little Hello

Hello Nomad friends.  So glad you took the time to drop by.  Too much been happening recently.  No time to step back, think and reset.  Thank the universe for craft.  Time to lose yourself and let the super-concious work it all out.  Just a little ATC, what other type is there??, for the Artful Times Challenge.  Happy New Year of the Snake and the challenge was something Asian.  So I went here....


The base is a red handmade paper with embossed reptile pattern.  Well, I don't know!, that's what it looks like!!   Crocodile Nile.  Anyway, I had some asian print vellum which I painted the back with white acylic.  It seemed like a good idea to bring the colour of the vellum out but it curls like crazy!!  Has anyone else tried that?  If you are thinking about it just to let you know it curls like crazy!!  Got a bit of white transfer to the front but maybe that's a happy mistake.  I liked it.  Then I added a decoupaged lotus flower and some beady embellishments I purchased in my former life from The Range.  The end.  

Entering this for

Have a great evening.  If you like it leave me a little comment.  They are smiles in my day.  Thanks for dropping by. 

12 comments:

mark gould said...

great texture and I love the Lotus blossom. Thanks for joining us at Fun with ATC's

Sylvia said...

Great ATC, love how you have used the bead embeli and the lotus flower.

Sylv xx

Paula Whittaker said...

pretty atc

Von said...

Love how you have pulled it together with your beads :) and yes velum doesn't like getting wet but you colour it with pencils or chalks ;)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von ♥

Heathers Inspiration said...

So Beautiful, lots of delicate detail x

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great idea! Love your flower!

Julia said...

Great ATC and I love the way you write, made me smile.
Julia

Gráinne said...

Beautiful ATC, like the blossom and the embossing :-)
Thanks a lot for joining us at FwATCs. Suzanne

Claudia N. said...

Love your comining the embossed background with the torn paper! Thanks for joining us at FwATCs!

die amelie x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that reptile paper is amazing - great ATC! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
Alison x

Dagmar said...

It´s a beautiful ATC.

Neet said...

Seems ages since I last played with vellum but I remember it liked to stay dry and was also difficult to add to anything because tape, glue etc showed through.
Sorry I am so late blame it on the jet lag please. Thanks for sharing that delightful atc, love the addition of the lotus flower and the beads are perfect.
Thanks so much for joining us at Artful Times,
Hugs, Neet xx