Tuesday 19 February 2013

It Was a Lovely Sunny Day......

Hello Nomad friends, followers and passers by.  It really was a lovely sunny day today.  Very springy.  The ice was melting nicely but with the ground still frozen that gave rise to lots of puddles.  So I decided to let the silly birds out of their wet garden into the big wide world.  The big wide world is wet as well but there is more of it and much more fun for them.  Then I spent about an hour sitting in the sun watching the chickens doing their thing.  It was a bit decadent.  I rarely just sit.  Always so much to do.  As I was sitting there I kept thinking of things I should be doing but it has been so long since such a day has presented itself I decided I owed it to myself, and my vitamin D levels, to take the time to just relax and enjoy.  Bliss and delight. 

Here's a picture of my cockerel Ninja and some of his girls.....


What do you mean you dropped in for the crafting?!!  Well OK then.  After relaxing we must do a little work.  

I've been making ............ Christmas cards.  Yeah.  Over at Creative Craft World they have this idea that if we make a card or two every month then we will have a little stash ready for the big day.   Well, it's so nice someone wants to help me get organised so count me in.  

I designed a snowman.  The snowman was fussy cut  from hammered card and the nose, eyes, scarf and hat from various papers and card.  I think this hat is coconut paper.  Great texture.   I mounted the snowman on blue card and added some snowflake confetti. 



So pleased with my creativity I made another with slightly different papers...


Usually I make editions of one but I made an exception here.  So that's my snow pair.  Off to a start.  Not a huge start but a start.  


Want to join the fun?  Beat the Christmas Rush

Hope you have had a great day.  Thanks for dropping by.  Merry Merry Ho Ho Ho

5 comments:

MiniOwner said...

It's a brilliant start! Well done. Your snowman is sooo cute. Thanks for joining in BtCR with us at Creative Craft World. We're looking forward to seeing what you make next month. :o)
Sue x

susibee said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with BtCR at Creative Craft World.

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Great cards Gail! I love the texture of the scarves :)Thank you for sharing with us in our BtCR challenge at Creative Craft World. Sarah xx

Sarah said...

Lovely cards thank you for joining the CCW BtCR!! Hugs Sarah x x

Lydia said...

hehehe these cards are so fun , thank for for joining us at CCW xxx