Sunday 24 February 2013

Feeling Springy

Hello and a Happy Sunny Sunday to you all.  I have been out in the garden watching the chicken again and doing a bit of tidying.  I said a bit!  The man went fishing.  The good news is fish were caught.  The bad news is only mackerel were biting today.  It's OK, but not my favourite, and we have eaten a few mackerel dinners recently.  Then again it's impolite to complain when nature provides.  I just wish she provided more Cod!! 

The Cheery Lynn dies have had another outing today.  I was waiting on a package which has a new one in it but the postman hasn't delivered it yet.  Hoping it comes soon.  It's always so nice to get a package.  So I been working with my old favourites to make a shaped card.  The challenge is anything but a square.  So I went round.  Actually it's round for posting but turns into a right little rocker for display.


Looking at the colours maybe it's a bit more summer than spring.   I cut a 13cm circle from Basic Grey sheet Col-389 Discovery and folded it in half to make the rocker base.  I cut some orange gitter card with Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst doily and cut out the centre.  I stuck this on the card and added some punched paper flowers at the bottom.  I used some of the card I had left over from yesterdays colouring experiments (for details see yesterdays post) and cut lots of butterflies using Cheery Lynn mini dimensional butterfly die.  Butterflies all over.



This folds flat for sending and looks quite nice like that as well but I have designed it to rock and give a nice effect of flying butterflies.  I hope!

Entering this for
Cheery Lynn Design Challenge - A shaped card
Basic Grey Challenge 88 - Anything Goes (Basic Grey Col-389 Discovery)

Have a great evening everyone.  Thanks for dropping by.   Your comments are the sprinkles on my cupcakes. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A bright and springy card is just what we need to get through this winter! Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Joann said...

I love how creative you are Gail. Those butterfly’s look like they are going to fly away. Hope you get your package soon. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Diane said...

Very pretty and colorful and a clever design!!

Cathy said...

Simply gorgeous card and great design. Thank you for joining in the Basic Grey challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Cathy said...

Simply adorable cards, and great design. Thank you for joining in the That Craft Place challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Sylvia said...

Hi Gail, Love this rocker card with the butterflies and the lovely bright colours. I love visiting your blog and have a little reward for you, please pop over to my blog and take a look http://designsforoccasions.blogspot.co.uk/

Sylv xx