Friday 15 February 2013

Way Down Deep in the Middle of the Jungle....

Hello, hello.  Have you heard about all the fun we are having over at The Craft Barn with the Alpha Challenge.  Give me an F, give me a U give me an N yeah........FUN.  OK, got that out of the system.   So this week it's E.  For me with my animal alphabet in English and Norwegian I chose elephant/elefanter....


For the background on the My Minds Eye cardstock I used Tando Bamboo mask with Distress Inks Walnut Stain, Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters.  The elephant is Sizzix original diecut coloured using Distress Inks Salty Ocean and Pickled Raspberry and Tando Leaves mask.   The elephant was floating around a bit so I decided to stand it on the definition.  

 
Did you know elephants closest living relatives are dugongs and hyraxes?!!  Wild.   See, fun and educational. 


How many psychedelic elephants have you seen?? 


Have a great evening.  Thanks for dropping by. 

10 comments:

Sylvia said...

Your beautiful batik style elephant just popped up as I was checking my blog. this is wonderful, love the colours and the definition for Elli to stand on! Just finished my pages hope I have time to photo and post tomorrow.

Sylv xx

ionabunny said...

Hi Sylv, I was just looking for your entry. Trying to catch up on comments but so many entries!! It's fun looking at all the different ideas. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Looking forward to seeing your E.....

Susan said...

This is beautiful! I love the way you made your elephant!

BJ said...

Great page and love the word you chose and even better that it was the same letter in both languages. I think the elephant standing on the word blocks is great too. BJ

Maggie said...

Love your psychedelic Elephant! A great page

MaggieH

Scrapmate said...

What a fun and vibrant page!

Von said...

Doh that's cute :) super page
Von ♥

JansArtyJunk said...

Cute and fun page...Loving your psychedelic elephant!

Nan G said...

Elly reminds me of ones from the 60's! Very psychedelic indeed!

Anonymous said...

Cute elefanter :-)
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy