Sunday 17 February 2013

Tick Tock

Well hello again and a special welcome to my new follower.  This was made and all ready to blog yesterday and then the PC threw a fit and wouldn't connect to the internet!  Arggggg.......  Personally I was going to throw it out the window but my man offered to have a look and after many more hours than I would have given it he's got me up and running again.  Something about broken or missing drivers!!  It's all beyond me.  I just want to sit down and everything work.  Sometimes I think technology was invented by the man with the horns and the pointy tail.  I did have a plan to try and make and blog a new creation everyday for a week.  Obviously even that was too adventurous a goal.  Oh well, reset to Day 1........

So here's a little something I put together using Bazill Bling, my favourite Cheery Lynn die and some of the new Design Objectives range.  



The challenge at Cheery Lynn at the moment is to include a frame.  I've used the Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Die.  I cut the center piece out of the doily and this make a reappearance lower down the design.  I have been playing again with the DOcrafts build a scene balloons and also one of their Lace dies, this one is Maureen.  I cut this from yellow card which I rubbed my Memento London Fog ink pad over to give me a colour difference for when I did the folds.  Then I mounted a bottle cap which I had cut out a clock face and then filled with glossy accents.  When I started looking for a card to put this one I got the idea for a carriage clock sort of arrangement.  So I cut the Bazzill Bling with an arch top and the aperture using Sizzix Framelits Scallop Rectangle.  I used the same die to cut the mirror card frame.  I backed the aperature with some card embossed using DOcrafts triboss cog folder and coloured with ink.  Then mounted the inner piece of the Cheery Lynn doily that I cut out earlier.  I thought it looked kind of coggy, or maybe like a pendulum.  Fun fun.  Some Craft Creations gold label stickers to finish.



Must admit I'm not happy with the photo.  A grey day and the bling is a challenge but say La Doo Da.  I'm happy with how the actually card looks so that's the thing.  Maybe I'll try to get another photo, but it's another grey day here so maybe that's the best it will be NoMad friends. 

Entering this for
Craft-room Challenge - Handmade Embellishments (I made the bottle cap clockface)
Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you have a great day.  If I get really organised I might be back again later.  Best laid plans and all that......

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Just love all the dies you have used and the cogs embossed background, the colours really brighten up a dull day.

Glad you are back, I can'nt motivate myself today, need to make some 25th Anniversary Invitations but my mind is blank!!


Sylv xx

Zoechaos said...

So glad you took us through this in so much detail there is so much to take in and admire about this piece. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge and way to go OH without your patience this would not have reached us XOXO Zoe

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

shulsart said...

Very cool creation and lovely use of the Spring Flower Burst doily. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty creation!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Maria said...

This is fabulous! I love the clock face with the glossy accents, it's really effective! My computer has given up completely, hence the late comment, so I sympathise completely with you :-). Thanks for joining in with our Handmade Embellishments challenge over at the Craft-Room.

Maria xxxxx