Tuesday 26 February 2013

Oh Christmas Tree....

Good evening Crafty folk.  Hope the day is going smoothly and you have had time to do the things that needed doing and also some of the things you wanted to do.  It was another lovely sunny day.  Maybe this is becoming a bit boring for you but I feel sun starved so must take advantage.  I joke that I am solar powered.  I always seem to have so much more energy when it's sunny.  We went for a walk up the mountain today and took some pictures of the frozen fjord from an elevated viewpoint.  Glorious.   Lots of ice still underfoot so maybe this post isn't so unseasonal as it first appears.

The end of the month is looming, gosh there went February!!  There are still a few challenges I want to join in with but couldn't seem to get one project focused in my mind, or in reality.  Whilst digging through the stamps I spotted some christmas trees and decided to sort out cards for the Creative Craft World Challenge Beat the Christmas Rush.  They are inspiring us to make a few Christmas cards every month so as to have a handy little stash in time for the big event.  Great idea


This is a mega simple card.  The thing which took me most time was the actually base card shape.  The fold has to be at an angle!!  I used Brush Stroke Tree from Rubber Stampede and squiggle tree stamp with no name.  The God Jul, which is Merry Christmas in Norwegian was another unnamed stamp.  The straw decorations were purchased in a pack from Ikea I think.  I quite liked this so I made a forest....

 

Running total for year - 7


Entering these for Creative Craft World Beat the Christmas Rush - February

Have a happy evening and thanks for dropping by.  Followers, don't forget to check out my Looking into the Love Boat post if you haven't already, for a chance at a little thank you for your support.  The hares dance soon.....

8 comments:

D said...

Love your gorgeous Christmas trees! The stars on the tops remind me of the sun a bit. I am with you on enjoying the sunshine. Dreary days are no fun at all.

MiniOwner said...

Oh these are gorgeous! Well done for getting in front for Christmas 2013 and thank you for joining in our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

susibee said...

Great cards, I love the star on the top.

Thanks for joining in with us at Creative Craft World BtCR.

Sarah said...

Love the stars on top of the trees!! fantastic! Hugs Sarah x x x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Lovely shaped cards Gail and the stars are very striking on the top. Thank you for joining in with our BtCR challenge at CCW.

Wendy said...

love the 'forest' of trees - those stars look lovely :-)

Lydia said...

cool card! thanks for joining us at CCW xxxx

Unknown said...

Love those tree decorations as a topper, they are bang on trend as well :)