Thursday 14 February 2013

Maiden Flight of the Double Duck

God kveld Nomad friends.  Welcome, welcome to another exciting chapter of No Madness.  You know, or maybe you don't, but 2013 has been a little difficult so far.  Hopefully now the Snake has arrived we can expect better things.  They say you will never be hungry with a Snake in the house, so we can at least expect lots of cake.  Other good things as well, but definitely cake.

Today I needed to rustle up a card for my brother.  Needless to say, this isn't it.  The need to create did shift a few stuck cogs.  I now have a couple of things finished that I had started and ground to a halt with.  Since I don't need to share it all in one go that will give me some breathing room.  Today I want to unveil the 'Double Duck'........


 Yes, I know, hot air balloons are supposed to be pretty colours, but the Joanna Sheen challenge is black and white, and since these brand new create a scene dies from Docrafts have just come into my possession I felt a monocrome attempt was worth a go.   Not bad, not bad.  Actually this was quite fun because once I had pieced my balloon from various cards and papers I started thinking about the background.  I decided to emboss and then colour with an ink pad.  Since white ink appears to be difficult to get hold of it's white card with a swipe of Memento Tuxedo Black.  I embossed using Spellbinders Sea Beauty m-bossibilities folder.  Shells in the sky, why not??.  The hemp texture card I embossed warped a bit so I cut the panel out and mounted it on some chipboard to give the card a bit more dimension.  This is so not obvious from the photograph.  Ah, the joys of photogiraffing.


I thought it needed a bit of bling.  My stash is a bit short on the all white but I did find a sheet of assorted snowflake stickers.  Perfecto.  I always think of black and white as winter colours, as snow always makes such a contrast with everything, so a few snowflakes fit.  So that makes it Flight of the Snow Duck Duck.  A couple of birds in the sky, a couple of tiny duck stickers on the flag, some computer generated words with some doodles to finish and it's all ready to send and wish someone, and everyone, a very happy day.


I am entering this for
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Black and White
Cards Galore Challenges - One for the Men
Hjerteboden Utfordring 2 - Vinter og Snø

Wishing you all a happy and inspirational evening.  Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love the colours, textured card and embossing, and the balloon is fab.

Sylv xx

Laura Bradley said...

I love this Iona! Look the steam punk effect with the balloon but gives it a different edge in black and white. Thanks for sharing and good luck! Laura (Joanna Sheen DT) xx

Camilla said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Hjerteboden.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Hugs, Camilla

DeBe said...

Fabulous effect I love it!Thank-you for joining us at the Cards Galore Challenge "One for the Men", Denyse x

Bente said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Hjerteboden.
Hugs, Bente