Monday 18 February 2013

February 2013

Hello hello Nomad friends.  I am working on The 12 Tags of 2013 which as most of you will surely know are inspired and steered along by Tim Holtz.  This is my first year joining this long running challenge and last month I had great fun.  Really enjoyed the challenge and the inspiration.  This month Tim used lots of exciting products of which I had...... almost none!!!   Oh woe is me for I must improvise.  But then again that is something that Mr Holtz suggests.  To quote.....

" it’s important to remember you can customize many of the embellishments you already have for projects you’re working on – always think outside the box"

OK, definitely off my box.  Here we go.......

I decided to use the same type of kraft card tag I cut last month, for a bit of continuity.  I coloured it with Distress Ink Barn Door and Picked Raspberry, distressed the card edges and inked with Walnut Stain.  Tim used kraft core but I didn't have that so I inked some kraft card with Memento Tuxedo Black, embossed with the Patchwork embossing folder, sanded, tore and mounted. 




My central embellishment is a piece of pine tree bark with a heart cut using Framelits scalloped hearts and embossed with the patchwork embossing folder.  I wrapped around with some decorative wire I had. 


I made the embellishments using metal frames from Korthobby.  The pictures are from the new Papermania Chronology set.  I covered them with glossy accents.   The hand and wheel is cut out from the same papers.


Tim used paper tape to make his tag tie but I didn't have any suitable so I resorted to last months solution.  Some torn cotton fabric, scrunched and vaguely coloured with Barn Door and then stamped with Walnut Stain using Hampton Art Stamp KK2619 I Love Thee.  I realised I should have stamped the tag with this as well before I started sticking everything on.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.   I used a little chipboard dingsen that was printed with hearts around the tag hole and tied the stamped fabric through.    




Entering this for
Happy crafting everyone.  Thanks for dropping by.  

8 comments:

Anna said...

You did a lovely job of improvising! I especially like the torn fabric at the top.

Anonymous said...

I love how you have made it your own and you experiment with the kraft and black ink worked wonders. Awesome and glad you could join us all in our Tim Tag Journey.

Sylvia said...

Love your take on the tag, the bark and heart are great additions as is the torn sanded strip.

Sylv xx

MiniOwner said...

Just lovely! Thise rich colours are fabulous. Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

susibee said...

What a lovely tag - gorgeous colours.

Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

Von said...

I love the tag :) such rich colours
Von ♥

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fabulous vintage mixed media take on Tim's tag! Love the look here! Love the metal too! Thank you for showing us your metals at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

Anonymous said...

THis is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)