Sunday 27 December 2020

Virtual Scrap - Day 1

Hello Nomad friends.  Mr Mojo is hibernating so I decided to sign up for a virtual scrap and see if he woke up.   In exchange for a modest sum I have access to a private fb group and 16 bold challenges.  Yep, 16!!   I call em bold cos they are creative and challenging, which is just what Mr Mojo needed.  My desk has not recovered from Halloween, let alone Christmas, so I will be incorporating scraps and UFO's in an attempt to craft my way out of my mess.  In order to save reading I'm gonna keep adding to this post today, if I get anything made to add LOL.  I'd love to do a project for them all, but being a slow crafter, and only having 3 days, that would be a tall order.  So here we go..........  No particular order.  Just what grabs me first.......

CHALLENGE 8 - RECYCLE
Use something that was going to be thrown away.

Squeeeeeeeeeee!  First outing for this adorable dog from Kort og Godt.  I found a scrap of beige patterned card and stamped the dog on it.  I coloured with Promarkers and glitter glue and fussy cut.  My recycled item is that book spine the dog is resting on.  A Kort og Godt stripey card base and Merry Christmas stamped on another bit of the brown patterned scrap at the bottom.  

Rubbish remade!  Glad I saved that from the recycling bag!

Dog is joining the fun at
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 45 - Anything Chrismassy
Country View Challenge December - Anything Christmas
Promarker Challenge Week 572 - Mega Christmas Challenge Add a Sentiment
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb Utfordring 190 - Jul

 

CHALLENGE 14 - DIE CUT BONANZA
Use at least 5 die cuts (wasn't sure if this was 5 cuts, or 5 dies, so I went with 6 different dies LOL)


 I made a pocket tag with a hidden tag.

I used Poppystamps Pickering Snowflake Background and Snowflake Oval Collage (for the little glitter snowflakes), Stamplorations Luggage and Stitch Tag dies, Papirdesigns Vipps die and Winnie and Walter Pierced Circle die for the pocket aperture.  Vipps is a phone app here where you can send money to other people.  Better than the cheque is in the post........

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 75 - Anything But A Card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 521
Allsorts Challenge Week 603/4 - Sparkle and Shine
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Desember - Jul
Stamplorations - Anything Goes

 

QUICK CHALLENGE #1 - CHRISTMAS TREE

Ooh, more fun and quick quick quick

Dies from Elizabeth Crafts and Memory Box.  Considering I was tired of Christmas this post seems very festive!!!  Ahhh well, tomorrow is another day.....

Trees are joining the fun at
Ally's Angels Challenge 41 - Anything Goes
Uniko Studio Challenge 62 - Tis The Season
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 134 - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

13 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

An adorable card and great use o scraps. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Dotty Jo said...

Sounds like heaps of fun! LOVE that little pup so much and that you have a book spine hanging around. I have quite a few torn and aged pages which I love but never seem to use. Jo x

Robyn Oliver said...

Go Gail..... you are on a mission - I'm happy with one card a day... love the pooch... as for the spine I find it hard to even tear up old books.. not very mixed media mind... have fun Robyn

brenda said...

Your Mojo looks like it made an entrance for these three Gail, many thanks for joining our 'Sparkle and Shine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Gail, I love the dog, and the re-cycled book spine is just perfect for him to sit on! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts and have a very Happy New Year, Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fun image on your card, thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Promarkers for our Mega Challenge.
Lorraine DT

Elin said...

Creative tag-card. Thank you for sharing withbus @ Scrappelyst.

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Så masse lekkert du har laget. Tusen takk for at du deltar i utfordringen vår hos Scrappelyst :-)

Julie said...

Super Doggy card - I do love a bit of recycling/repurposing! Thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP, good luck! Juliexx

Wendy L said...

They look wonderful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Evelyn Walter said...

Lovely card, Gail, the dog is so very cute!
Thank you so much for joining in with our December challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy new year! Evelyn xx

Hannelie said...

Gorgeous makes!
Thank you so much for playing along at Uniko!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fun, festive and eye-catching design. Thanks for joining our final Uniko challenge for 2020