Thursday 3 December 2020

Rooftop Santa

Hello Nomad friends.  Someone posted a question on fb the other day.  They said they had lots of different elements but were unsure how to combine them into a project.   I suggested they throw them all up in the air and see where they land.  Maybe they thought I was being flippant, but it's a technique that has worked for me.  Often I'm not actually tossing them into the air, although it has been known, but I do scoop loose bits into a pile on my desk and often a couple of elements will catch my eye as compatible.  For this card I used lots of bits that were lurking.  I wanted to try the second lift card at 52 Weeks to Christmas.  I decided on a colour scheme and first checked my already cut circles for pieces that would fit.  I found a circle, an oval and a inverted scallop die cut and it all went from there.

I bought this Dixi Craft Santa on the Roof die recently and I had already cut him from a red card scrap.  Then he lay there, looking at me.....  The gold stitch cut circle seemed a perfect backdrop for his antics.  The gold mirror stitch cut oval was also lying and has suffered a few scratches which I covered with this Poppystamps Button Frame background, which was also in the precuts box, and it seemed to fit perfectly on the oval.  I decided to add a red layer to the gold inverted circle cut, and embossed a Kort og Godt God Jul (Merry Christmas) with gold powder and layered them up.  The red plaid caught my eye, and I wasn't sure, but then I spotted a scrap of the same card I used for the Santa.  I cut both with a small slim stitched Rectangle die and put it all together on a slightly textured red card base.  Three gold star stickers to finish and a satisfying result for a load of scraps.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Santa is joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas Challenge - Lift
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 43 - Twas The Night Before Christmas
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb Utfordring 190 - Jul
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 518
Scrap og Skravl Desember Oppgave 1 - Red/Gold 1/3


12 comments:

Anita van Deur said...

So cute your card, love how it came about. xx

Annemarie en Merit said...

lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at the liftchallenge by 52WTC.
Liefs Annemarie en Merit Dt52WTC

marijke said...

Een prachtig kaartje en mooie gelift! Zulke mooie kleuren. Fijn dat je meedoet met 52WTC. Groetjes Marijke.

Jantine said...

Nice colorful card! Thanks for joining our challenge at 52WTC.
Jantine DT 52WTC

Greta said...

Great use of scraps, Gail--fun card!

Suzan said...

Prachtige kaart heb je gemaakt voor de Challenge!
Bedankt voor het meedoen en succes!
Groetjes Suzan
DT 52WTC

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all the die cut elements, Gail - so eye catching!!

Dotty Jo said...

Santa on a roof - I LOVE THIS! Bright and cheery and fun. A great night before Christmas card and I'm drooooooling over that die cut, Jo x

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card for our liftchallenge. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy DT 52WTC

Liz McGuire, said...

Thanks for joining in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Liz(guest elf) xx

Anita Lise said...

So nice Christmascard you have made :) Thank you for joining us at the challenge at NSHK!
DT Anita Lise

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.