Thursday 3 September 2020

Whale Coasters

Hello Nomad friends.  I was given a shelf unit, so a little tidying and reorganisation of the crafty space was on the cards.  Whilst clearing a forgotten little corner I came across some dusty tiles and the paints I use with them.  Always willing to be distracted I decided to forget the cleaning and do a little painting instead!!  The paints were a bit thick, but a little water and much stirring saved most of them!!  A couple were alas beyond.  But since I haven't used these for many years I was pleased they weren't all dead!!!

Squuueeeeeeee!!  Aren't they sweet!!  I used the whales from Rubber Dance Whale Wishes stamp set, Pebeo Porcelaine paints and unglazed rustic style 10cm square ceramic tiles.  More pictures and details over on the Rubber Dance blog so do hop over and check out the details.  

I had forgotten how fun these are to make.  Expect some more to pop up soon (plan A).  They could make nice little hostess or xmas gifts (plan B).  It certainly gets rid of a bit more old stash (plan C).

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp it
Ally's Angels Challenge 37 - Anything Goes

Country View Challenges - Complimentary Colours




6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous coasters, Gail - just love how you painted them!! I can relate to trying to clean up only to be distracted into a craft project!! Anyway, I popped over to read your process steps too - very fun!!

Dotty Jo said...

Love them! Never thought to use tiles - very clever recycling, Jo x

Liz said...

These are so cute Gail, great idea! xx

Mia said...

Gorgeous coasters, Gail! And very useful! Enjoy, my friend.

rachel said...

These are fabulous - sounds like a good find! Thanks for joining Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs Rachel xx

Evelyn Walter said...

Hello dear Gail!
Love your whales! They are so fun.
Thank you for playing along with our September challenge over at Country View Challenges.
xx Evelyn