Saturday 19 September 2020

King of the Forest

Hello Nomad friends.  A couple of times this week I stumbled across blogs reminding me that it's less that 100 days to Christmas!!  So let's step it up a notch and try for a Christmas card a week.  There are a few blogs that keep us crafting for Christmas all year, and although I know we would love to hang on to summer and autumn, the year is turning and Yule will be here before you can say Dashing Through the Snow.  The Christmas Kickstart challenge is on a white on white theme.  I always find this a bit intimidating but they are allowing pops of colour and gold or silver so I decided to give this very awesome moose die a few silver highlights.  


I used a textured white satin card base and white hammered card for the snowy bank, cut with Memory Box stitched die.  The Moose and trees are Sizzix.  I used silver mirror card and die cut hooves, bell, harness and antlers.  I also added a silver star to his rump.  The hooves were a bit fiddly.  Will consider heat embossing next time.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 38 - White On White
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 508
CASology Week 374 - Vacation
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - No Stamps Allowed
ABC Christmas Challenge - S is for Snowy
 




11 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Hello! It's been a little while since I visited you! I Love that moose ! The silver highlights add such fun to this beautiful CAS card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous prancing moose, Gail - just love all the silver details!! Well worth being fiddly!! So fun with the trees and hills too! So glad you could join Jo & me for our white-on-white at Christmas Kickstart!!

Dotty Jo said...

Love, love, love it! I very nearly made my WoW card using this adorable moose, but wasn't sure how he'd look. Turns out he looks brilliant! Jo x

Arlene said...

I like the modern feel to the card. Adorable moose.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that white on white with a touch of silver. That moose is one of my favourites!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Christine Kiehl said...

What a cool card! Love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the whimsical feel of your design and terrific silver details! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Deepti Stephens said...

Love the white on white with a touch of gold. Thank you so much for playing along with CASology this week. Good Luck! :)

Wei said...

Such a CAS perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Ink Stained Roni said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU Won Challenge #38!! I just saw :) Good for you!! That's wonderful :)

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks so much for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x