Tuesday 22 September 2020

Let's Call It A Day

Hello Nomad friends.  Today was a day.  I felt all out of kilter.  Things that I expected to happen didn't, things that I expected to work didn't, things to do got postponed, lots of things got started, not many got finished.  It was a day!!  But tomorrow is a new day and it will be better.  I have decided.  So I threw some stuff together that summed up my day.
I'm gonna call it art.  


I cut a cabinet shape card from patterned card and smeared with distress and distress oxides.  I cut Gadget Gears from blue scrap, embossed with bottle cap embossing folder and smeared a little Walnut Stain.  I cut Cheery Lynn Barbed Wire and Stamplorations words from dark blue scraps.  I cut Umbrella Man from a scrap of black, slightly textured wallpaper.  

This sums up my day.  And I am still waiting for the rain that never came.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Double D Challenge - Don't Fence Me In
Craftlandia Challenge 4 - Umbrella
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - No Stamps Allowed
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Steampunk
Unstampabelles Challenge 104 - Phoenix used an embossing folder
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 387



12 comments:

Mia said...

What a gorgeous card, Gail. What a lovely shape. Great idea to use wallpaper for the man with umbrella. I think I will try it. And I love the background. It is a real piece of art, my friend.
And: Thank you so much for joining Craftlandia Challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Don't we all have days like that, Gail? But yes, tomorrow will be better!! Just love your umbrella man with the gears behind - so great with the gears embossed and inked. Perfect sentiment too!!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Gail, so arty for sure lovely colours..., love it & lovely design of your creation.
Many thanks for entering your gorgeous card into our challenge of " DON'T FENCE ME IN", at Double D challenges…
Good luck in the draw and hope to see you here again.

[aNNie design team member for Double D Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Carla Cremonesi said...

Ficou lindo, adorei!

Ysnelda Solano said...

Hola.
Hermoso diseño, una "expresión artística" maravillosa, muy linda tarjeta.
Abrazo.

Darlene said...

Yes we all have days like that and hopefully today is better for you! Very 'artsy' design you came up with! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Don’t Fence Me In’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Di said...

A great card Gail - and am glad you had a better day after your 'off' one. We all seem to be having those right now. Byt the way, I have comment moderation turned on which is probably why you thought your comment had disappeared!

Sorry I'm late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx

Judy Woodland said...

I am so fond of that Umbrella Man, he always makes me smile. And using the barbed wire is a very unique take on the challenge.Wonderful design here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Don't Fence Me In Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

Diane said...

Very creative and artsy card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

HerminiaRegolf said...

We all have awful days, but your card is so beautiful.
Greetings.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

I come to visit you from the challenge of Mia and Ana in which I also participate.
It is an ideal card.
Kisses

SanDryCreaciones said...

Hola,

Nos encanta la tarjeta que has hecho, te ha quedado fenomenal :) muchos besos :)