Saturday 5 September 2020

Double Pocket Card and New Techniques

Hello Nomad friends.  I saw a lovely pocket card over at Liz' blog.  She used a 5x7 card base, but I decided to try with a DL card (20 x 10,5) and give it a twist.  Running before I can walk!!   This is a sure recipe for lots of time spent fixing things I never saw coming.  But, at the end, I must say I am really pleased with the resulting card, although I will do things differently if I do this again.  Probably when I do it again, cos it's an easy fold and a very pretty result.

Because I made two pockets in a DL size card they are actually not much use for anything.  I did have visions of sticking a teabag in each of them, but they are too small.  On a brighter note, they are very pretty in the real.


I used a cream base.  I cut the front panel in two and then scored each section from the top corners to bottom middle.  Snag #1: scored like this square panels won't fold over each other to make the pocket.  I solved the problem by measuring up 2,5cm from the bottom on each side of each panel and cutting to the middle score.  So each small panel is now a downward pointing pentagon shape.  Still with me??????
 

Using patterned paper cover the inside of the card with a rectangular piece and the pocket triangles with triangular pieces.  I left a little border to 'frame' the patterned paper.  I used Marianne Designs Eline's Woodland Christmas papers.  I wanted autumn colours and thought this pattern was suitably not-too-xmas.  Fold the pocket panels over and stick.  Snag #2: the two pockets are very waggly.  On a 5x7 card one pocket gives a nice solid front.  Two pockets on a slimline card, not so much.  What I suggest you do now is glue the two pockets to the back panel to turn it into a card front, and add another panel or card base to the back to make your card.  But, I didn't do that!!! 


I added another piece of the patterned paper between the two pockets and then backed it and the pockets panels with a piece of cream card.  Ta da.  Where's me chocolate.........

I cut Marianne Designs tea cup and saucer from silver mirror card and coloured with yellow and orange promarkers.  Takes a little time to dry but looks nice and metalllic still.  I used Marianne Designs Pinebough die and yellow card x3 to put under the cup.   I cut two Marianne Designs Scandanavian Stars from the same pattern paper and slid them into the pockets.

Inside I added a stitch diecut pale orange panel and used Marianne Designs stamp and matching die on Bazzill Bling orange card.

A couple of teabags and it's ready to go.  Choco tea of course.......

Thanks for sticking with me through this mega post.  Or not maybe.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Marianne Design Challenge 254 PB7044, CR1238, LR0187, LR0126, COL1320
Scrappesyken September - Yellow/Red/Orange
Double D Challenge - Colorful
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb 187 - Geometriske Former
Let's Craft and Create Challenge 163



13 comments:

HilaryJane said...

The end result is pretty amazing, but I am afraid I got a bit lost on the way! I admire anyone that has the patience to make these fancy fold type cards. I always make mistakes and give up xx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! Not sure I could cope with anything this technical, but I love it! Jo x

ionabunny said...

I talked too much. Go see Liz's card. It's super simple and easy. I just made it look difficult LOL. Hugz

Vicki said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous special fold card! Beautiful bright colors. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Colorful" Challenge.

Diane said...

Fabulous fancy fold card, you rocked it! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Judith said...

Leuke kaart geworden.
Leuk dat je mee doet met onze 20x10 challenge.
Groetjes van Judith
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog

Darlene said...

WOW so unique! What a fun fold ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Colorful’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Anita said...

Great card you made with those pockets.
Thank you for joining our challenge.

Best Regards
Anita
MDblog

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

mooi kaartje
bedankt dat jij meedoet aan deze challenge
groetjes jolanda bongers
dt md challenge blog

Aniet said...

Nice card Gail,
thanks for joining the challenge
kind regards Aniet
DT MD Challenge blog

Suzan said...

Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt voor de Challenge!
Groetjes Suzan
DT MD Challenge blog

Henriët said...

Prachtig deze kaart met theezakjes.
Bedankt voor het meedoen.
Groetjes van Henriët
DT MD Challenge blog

Sabina said...

Gread pocket card. Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create.
Sabina DT