Friday 17 July 2020

Vicarious Ducks

Hello Nomad friends.  I hope things are going well in your part of the world.  Norway says everyone can come and visit from next week!!  Personally I think it would have been better to wait a few weeks and see what opening up to European visitors brings, but they don't seem to think like me!!  Time will tell.......   Personally I am staying in my own little space, which isn't too much of a hardship cos there is plenty of gardening and crafting to keep me busy.  Hopefully the sun will be back soon and I can add sitting in the sun doing nothing to my list of important things to accomplish.  Since today is a bit of a grey day I made a card.


Call me Quackers but blue ducks on a steampunk background seemed to fit the bill for a number of challenges.  Ain't that punny!!!  OK, enough........


I was over at MFT earlier and they had a cool colour scheme and sketch so I based my design on both.  I stamped Crafty Individuals CI-499 Full Steam Ahead stamp on a neutral card panel with brown archival ink and added a dark teal mat behind.
   

The sketch has two overlapping circles.  I am using the stamped ship speedometer (anyone got the technical name for that????) for the smaller one and decided to use vellum for the larger one.  I cut a vellum circle, edged it with the brown ink and embossed with a pocket watch embossing folder.  Then I smeared with white ink to make the embossing a bit more prominant.


I put it all together on a kraft base.  I stamped Crafty Individuals Favourite Ducks CI-373 on pale blue card with teal-ish ink and fussy cut them.  The norwegian birthday greeting is a preprinted sentiment strip from a Kort og Godt designer paper sheet matted on the teal paper.

Thanks for dropping by.  Stay safe, keep well, be crafty.  HUGZ

Joining the fun at
Crafty Individuals July Challenge - Things With Wings
MFT Stamps Colour Challenge 145
MFT Stamps Wednesday Sketch Challenge 498
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Early Birds

1 comment:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun pair of blue ducks over your steampunk background, Gail! Just love the addition of the vellum!!