Sunday 12 July 2020

A Little Bit Fishy

Hello Nomad friends.  It's a rainy day in Norway so I have wobbled on down to the craft room and made a start on a few of the many cards I need to make.  First out of the starting gate a little fishy number.


One of the first pieces of card I put my hands on today was this bold green and blue grungy zig zag number from the Works.  I decided it was sufficiently oceanic and made a base card of it.  I used the large die from Memory Box Underwater Scene and a piece of light-bulb packaging to cut the glossy green frame.  This die comes with some coral and seaweed attached but I simply rotated the die 180° and re-cut to remove the vegetation.  I backed it with a darker green frame and then added a circle of vellum to slightly tone down the bold background.  The fish are also from the same Underwater Scene die set cut from a precious scrap of green mirror card.  Love how the metallic card picks up the emboss detail on these little fish.  I found a white scrap, coloured it with lime Promarker and used a stamp from Memory Box Oceanside Typewriter Sentiments set for the sentiment.  

Mr Mojo seems to be in the mood so hopefully something else will get finished today.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Memory Box Challenge 63 - Framed
Friendship Challenge 55 - Maritim
Creative Crafting Uncles Challenge #6 - Fishing/Fish
Snippets Playground Challenge 381

6 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Your card looks great and beautiful. I like the colours so much.
Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How adorable, Gail - those fishies really made me smile! Don't you wonder what they're thinking swimming back & forth all day... Perfect out of the metallic and I love the zig zag background too!!

Linby said...

Loving the metallic look to your card and those cute fishes. Great use of snippets.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Although the stamps are PTI the embossing folder is from Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass.

take care Lynn x

Alex said...

Wow... lik the metallic fishes. Great card.
Thanks for playing along with us at our previous challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us this challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#07 –Tools}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#43 - Fruits}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#43 – special forms of cards}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Di said...

What a great card this is Gail - I love the vivid metallic green you used!

Hugs

Di xx

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Liebe Gail,

deine Karte ist super gestaltet. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi