Saturday 18 July 2020

Pretty Negatives

Hello Nomad friends.  I have too many scraps.  I keep everything.  I am working on my thrifty habit.  But sometimes, when I die cut, the negatives are too cute to throw away!!  Today I cut Poppystamps Pickering Snowflake Background from glitter paper.  Some glitter papers cut better than others!  This one wasn't such a success, but I decided to at least try and save the negatives.  Then this happened.........



I used a violet mottled base card and stuck on the glitter negative cuts.


I stamped the whale from Rubber Dance Whale Wishes set black archival on white card and fussy cut.  The sentiment is also Rubber Dance from the Norwegian Just a Note set and says Thinking of You.  Don't you love those negative cuts!!  Perfectly splashy.......

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 70 - Glim Glam Make It Sparkle
Friendship Challenge 55 - Maritim 2/2
Bastel-traum #91 - Alles Ist Moglich
Time Out Challenge 166 - Peaceful




12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I ‘m with you on the negative scraps. My files, folders, boxes and cupboards over floweth with them but I still can’t bring myself to throw them out! Would not have thought to put with a whale. What a great idea. I did see my win and my prize is being sent to me. Thanks. Hugs Mrs A.

theras kartenblog said...

I like your card - the wale looks funny and the paper is very beautiful.
Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and all the best!
Ilse (thera)

sandie said...

The negative dies look fab and always good to use! Adore all the glitter and what a super image to team this with. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun way to use up some of your negatives, Gail - I'll have to remember that!!

Mia said...

What a great way to use the negatives, Gail! I love your beautiful card!

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!

Joyce said...

I also love to save scraps. You never know what you can make with them. This is really lovely. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

pam said...

Fabulous card
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge blog.
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

That background is amazing! What a brilliant way to get more out of your die cuts!

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Liebe Gail,

deine maritime Karte ist wunderschön gestaltet. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

Gerrina said...

A funny card! And I love the blue! Good that you try to use all of the paper. Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Claudia said...

An enchanting creation, what a great idea with the die and great layout! Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge