Monday 20 June 2016

TOP SECRET - Submarine

Hello.  Welcome.  Couldn't resist the header so if you are dropping by from the CIA don't forget to leave a comment so we know you care.  Alternative reality continues and the challenge at The Craft Barn, which the lovely Jane is saying was all my doing, innocent look, strongly influenced this project.  

Did you know 95% of the sea is unexplored?  Well, Dog, with his faithful crewmember Frog, is going to change all that............



Yes, it's another 'wots dat den?' project.  I had an image of a dog in a submarine and made this window into the submarine before considering what shape my submarine should be.  But at least I had fun..........

I used Sizzix Ornate Frame dies to cut gold metal and acetate for the window.  The negative cuts from Cheery Lynn Tiny Bubbles die make great rivets.  All the stamps are from VLVS.  



OK, get the laughter over with!!!   Frog definitely isn't sure about the safety of the design.....  That's supposed to be a propeller, cut using Sizzix Vintage Fan die, but looks a bit like a tap.........  The background is a piece of patterned vellum.  I used Bo Bunny patterned paper for the submarine and DCWV zig zag paper to back the window. 



Dog (and frog) under the sea.   This one is all mine to remind me that it's OK to have fun and it doesn't always have to make sense.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Dog and Frog are off to explore the challenges at
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - A Dog Under The Sea 
VLVS June Challenge 
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge 25 - Use Something See Through
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Magic 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use Patterned Papers

12 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Well after THAT suggestion, don't be surprised if the CIA drops in for an in depth interrogation (Whyyyyy????).
At least you've produced something that fulfils the mission, not sure I will but I'll certainly think about it!
P.S Love the dog at the commands!

Nikki W said...

I love how you used the acetate for the window. Fun make. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

Nikki W said...

Awesome colors and interpretation of the VLVS challenge this month.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous fun card, the little pup and his first mate frog are fabulous ! this really made me smile :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Great card and idea I am still working on an idea for the challenge

Crafty hugs x

Lou said...

Well it shouldn't be called a challenge if it's not challenging eh? I have to say I was a little surprised when I saw the craft barn theme - mine is still a work in progress. This is great fun though and I particularly like the addition of crew member Frog who I'm pretty sure thought he was just taking a quick dip in a cool refreshing pond. Now look where he's ended up!! Lou x

Tarnished Rose said...

Great way to use something see through! Thanks for participating in the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity challenge.
Marilyn

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

LOL, well this cracked me up! Love the story and process and hope the Men in Black haven't knocked on your door yet! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope to see you getting festive with us during Christmas in July! http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2016/07/day-1-of-christmas-in-july-joy-and.html

maggie said...

I hope you don't come up with suggestions for the challenge too often!! :)

I love your little scene especially Frog - I'm sure he's shouting "Get me lot of here".

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous ! Thanks for joining us over at VLVS!
Corrie x

Mixedmediajenn said...

This is fantastic! Love that puppy.

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

What a cute little tale! Thank you for joining us this month at VLVS for our challenge xx