Thursday 16 June 2016

K is for Knight

Hello.  Welcome.  Bit of a grey day.  Crafting on the agenda.  Ideas in my head turning into a whole series of hilarious disasters.  Soldier on and out the other side.  Just keep chucking the paint around and it all works out in the end.  If in doubt, grab the gesso........



Altered playing card for the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary challenge.  Reading the dictionary gives me 'knight' and this gorgeous VLVS Steampunk Warrior sprang to mind.  So that decided the colours.  In line with the VLVS challenge.  



I stuck a piece of lined paper on my card and painted with Paperartsy fresco finish Limelight.  Then it all went wrong I painted it again with limelight, added some Twisted Citrus distress ink and some small VLVS stamps with evergreen bough distress.  I used a piece of chevron paper to cover up the stencil disaster.  It's the same as the paper I have photographed on but I hit it with the Twisted Citron.  Looks totally different......  Must remember that trick. 


My knight is stamped and embossed on DCWV dotty paper.  The be true is another VLVS stamp.  I did some smudging with Versamark and black embossing powder on the chevron paper.  Then I added some blobs of Art Anthology dimensional paint and used a cocktail stick to draw them out to make Fairy green stars (LHS).  Wrote out the OED definition cos I still haven't sorted out the printer.........  Not in a 'tackle technological things' mood........

Thanks for dropping by.   Wishing you days filled with sunshine and mojo.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
VLVS June Challenge
The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - K
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Stars
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Men and Boys
Our Creative Corner - A Beautiful Mess

19 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Hullo fellow Disaster Averter!!! Your Knight came to the rescue!!!! Love it! Love the process - & technology! My computer is at the Docs & I'm trying to use an over 10 yo mothballed low memory laptop! HUH! Don't have much hair left...sooooo get where you're coming from on lotsa places!!!!!!

WendyK said...

Loved your description of your road to the finished article, made me smile, and a great word to use. Accordingly to those that know there is no such thing as a disaster in art. So what's all that stuff in my bin ??

Mixedmediajenn said...

I just love when a series of 'wrongs' turns out so right! This is fantastic and I love it! Thanks for entering it in the VLVS Challenge..good luck :)

Scrapmate said...

Love the colours and that knight stamp is fabulous.

My Side of Oz said...

You were having one of my weeks, Gail! But you can't tell it by the results all that yummy line green and a knight to boot! Thanks for playing with us for the "Men and Boys" Event! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW. I love that knight and to think that's a stamp. I love it. I also like the way you managed to cover your mistake. It was a great cover-up! And of course, I adore your K word, this fortnight, because it's unique.

Nikki W said...

He looks awesome against the bright green. The addition of the chevron paper makes an awesome background.

Craftyfield said...

It all looks as if by design, not by accident! Your knight looks awesome and perfect for the word.

kaybee said...

Great card - love that acid green!

Julia said...

I love that bright lime green and black, it looks fabulous. Great choice for K. I think I need a pot of Limelight, it looks amazing.

Sari / Granne said...

Striking color choise and awesome image. Thank you for joining Lost Coast Portal to Creativity man/boys -event!

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely ! Thanks for joining us over at VLVS!
Corrie x

Unknown said...

Love that green and your handsome knight Gail! Thanks bunches for joining the "A Beautiful Mess" challenge at OUR CREATIVE CORNER. j.

Lesley said...

Great card and word choice! I love your bright green background! xx

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Wonderful, just love that vibrant green! hanks for sharing with us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! The WINNERS post is now up!  http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-big-winners-announcement.html

Tarnished Rose said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for participating at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Men & Boys event.
Marilyn

Crafty Claire said...

A great card. I love the bold colours to go with the knight. Twisted citron is one of my favourites. x

maggie said...

I love your choice of the bright green background, it's a great backdrop for the knight.

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Love the bright green! Thank you for joining us this month at VLVS for our challenge xx