Friday 10 June 2016

T is for Totem Pole

Hello.  Welcome.   It's time for another altered playing card for the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary challenge.  This week we are looking art the letter T.  I decided to use some fun totem pole stamps and combine it Marilynn's technique for faux wood.  



Is this as fun as I think it is?  I used a piece of blue card, stencilled some stars with Blueprint Sketch distress ink and added some white gel pen stitches.  The foreground is a piece of yellow banana paper with Die-versions Southwestern Desert die cut in black.  This is a long thin cut and I have rearranged it quite a bit to make it fit my card and make a scene.  I made my faux wood as per Marilynn's tutorial and stamped and embossed Kadoodle's Totem Pole.  This is actually 4 individual stamps.  I coloured with promarkers.  I stacked up the pieces and popped the final piece on some foam dots.  My printer has died so I had to write my definition, courtesy of the OED.

Thanks for dropping by.  Stay dry and safe.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - T
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Stars
Stamping Sensations - Feature a Creature 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - For a Guy
Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge - June 


 

13 comments:

Crafty Claire said...

This is a really fun card. I love the faux wood effect xx

pinky said...

Very unusual but lots of fun. Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month.
Pinky

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I am super impressed with the stamping, putting all these images together to make a totem pole. It was fun to see how you made it, too.

Craftyfield said...

Completely unexpected! Great scene too, perfect for the word. Love the Southwestern die-cut!

Julia said...

Very clever, you have combined the two weekly challenge with the Alpha/Dictionary challenge in one project! I love that totem pole, so colourful and a great choice of word for "T".

thassos456 said...

Fab fun page. Love the word choice. my new favourite perfume is called Totem as well :)

gardenpinks said...

A fabulous fun card, love the desert scene in the background but that totem is magnificent!!

Mandy said...

Wonderful masculine card Gail! It's so cute and colourful :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

brenda said...

A real fun creation and perfect for our theme Gail, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations Challenge.

B x

Scrapmate said...

That's a great stamp and the desert die is fab.

maggie said...

A super choice of word and you have created the perfect background scene for the totem pole to stand in.

Lynne Mizera said...

This is just WONDERFUL Gail... I just love the punch of colors! THANK YOU for joining us over at STAMPlorations for the June Mixed Media Challenge!

Susanne Rose said...

Love you work Gail!!! Thank you for joining the STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday Challenge! xx Susanne.