Sunday 5 June 2016

Hobby Horse Fun

Hello.  Welcome.  It's a hot and sunny Sunday here in Norway.  Taking a break from the garden to share a birthday card I made using a fun tutorial by Sandy for a rocker card.  Usually I use dies to make these but this was so simple and fun to do without my bigshot. 


Yee Haw!  How cool is that little cowpoke.  This is DRS Saddle Up Cowboy.  So cute.  Coloured with distress inks.  I used two MME patterned papers.  They are shades of blue, but you wouldn't know from this photo!!  My man says the camera is blind and doesn't actually see colours.  I mean, who is going to make cloud paper with yellow clouds and green sky???  Just squint and think blue.  Please.  



I made the happy birthday banner by bending MFP happy birthday stamp from the Tiger set on my acrylic block and repeatedly stamping on the cloud paper.  Then I fussy cut and inked the edges.  This is the first time I have remembered that you can curve clear stamps.  Usually I am trying to make sure they are dead straight.  Love this effect.  Expect to see it again soon.  



Action shot!!  Poor man's video!!!!  Yeee hawwwww.......

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

My little cowboy is joining the fun at
MFP Stamps Wild West Blog Hop
AAA Cards Game 66 - Watercolours
The Craft Barn Challenge - Two Papers
Hobby Garasjen Utfordring 38 - Alt Er Lov 
Creative With Stamps Challenge 3 - Manly/Masculine Cards 


10 comments:

Jorunn`s scrapperier said...

I love the cute cowboy and nice how you use your birthday stamps
Thanks for playing with us at Hobbygarasjen.no
DT Jorunn Elin

Jane said...

Mega cute cowboy and I love the hobby horse - brings back fond memories of one my boys had when they were little. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Gail said...

Super Cute! I got ya on the camera think - I have the same situation some times - nice job on the tutorial and thanks for entering the MFP Stamp Blog Hop challenge - have a blessed week! Gail SR DT

Darnell said...

You karack me up, Gail! This is absolutely darling!! Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

I love your card, it's just adorable and it rocks... In all senses of the word! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CWS this month, Jo x

Billie A said...

This card so cute and the shape in reflection to the rocking horse is a great cute idea. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

Vickie Y said...

Adorable rocker card! Thank you or sharing with us at MFP Stamp Shop May Blog Hop.

Patti said...

Such a cute image. Great idea to make the horse rock.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this little guy rocking on his hobby horse. Great technique. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Lilian said...

That's such a cool image! So cute!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio