Sunday 13 September 2015

Oops!!

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at Stamplorations this month the lovely ladies asked to CASE my Penny the Pig tag.  Oh gosh, how sweet you are.  Honored.  Then 2 days ago they posted some more lovely inspiration.  I decided to try and recreate Kim's card.  I liked the bright colours and the clean look.  Although it all started to plan, unfortunately my ink pad took on a life of it's own, and it all ended up a bit grungy.  Maybe it should have been a sympathy card rather than a congrats......



I used distress inks and the chevron stamp from Stamplorations Mixed Media Grunge.  Often when I'm trying to copy a technique it doesn't go so well but I was really pleased with this.  Very well explained Kim.  Then I stamped and embossed the Congratulatons from the Birds and Blooms set.  I decided to ink the edges!!  It was going great till I got a smudge!!  Ah well, let's smudge all over.  Still thinking of maybe changing the congrats to with sympathy........  Will definitely be using this technique again.  Probably with less smudges ha ha. 

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations September CASE Playground
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use A Stamp

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz




5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

It looks really good.....I am soo glad I"m not the only one who smudges....hence lots of ink spats and enamel dots strategically placed!!! I don't know how those CAS gals do it, to be honest!!!

Jingle said...

Very cute card. I really love the multi colored backtround! Thank you for joining us for the STAMPtember® celebration on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

scrappymo! said...

I like the distressed inkyness of this card. I don't think you did too much at all. It can be either for a fellow or a lady now...perfect as it!

maria f. said...

Love those colorful chevrons! Glad to see you in the CASE Playground!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great CASE of Kim's! Thanks for joining in at CASEplorations