Wednesday 23 September 2015

Yeah, Buttons

Hello.  Welcome.  I have buttons.  Lots of buttons.  They're nice aren't they?  Like little bits of candy.  Yummy.  But I really have difficulty using them on projects!  So I am really happy that I managed to get 5 of the little suckers on this tag.  Yippee!! 



I was inspired by Monika's card that I saw over at Stamplorations.  I loved her star edge die and I thought I could make something with this Sizzix Sewing Edge die that I have had for a while and never used.  That's pretty ancient NBUS!!  Anyway, I cut it from brown crinkly paper that looks a bit faux wood.  Then I cut it again from silver foil and paper pieced the scissors and bobbin. 



I cut the cotton reel from some real wood veneer and wrapped some lace around it.  The stamps are from TH Haberdashery set, stamped on brown handmade paper and embossed.  The paper kinda sucked in the embossing powder so I ended up with a matt finish that actually suits the distress style stamps.  I mounted the sewing panel on a blue tag that I stencilled with Storm Sky distress ink through Stamplorations Retro Circle stencil.  I added a needle with some blue thread, two wood and three tiny plastic buttons and a lace tie.



Joining the fun at
Stamping Sensations September Challenge - Sew Special
VSC Challenge 36 - Tic Tac Toe bottom line - wood, lace, blue and brown 
Stamplorations September CASE Playground
Scrappelyst Utfordring for September - Sirkler 
Country View September Challenge - Numbers 
Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Tim Holtz 
Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

12 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

IT looks great & I have your exact same problem with buttons, but slowly & surely I am conquering them! This would be brill for a friend who sews:):) OH! And the scissors look fab!!

Tanja said...

love your tag with all the pretty details - thanks for sharing your project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Lovely card with so many nice details. Thanks for joining us at Scrappelyst.

brenda said...

I think lots of us are button hoarders Gail and like you it always makes me happy when I use a few. Your tag is a really great swing inspired creation - would fit this months Stamping Sensations theme a treat as well.

Many thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Craftyfield said...

Your tag looks lovely, very good idea to paper piece the edge die-cut, it doesn't look like an edge anymore! Love your take on the Tic Tac Toe grid with the use of real wood. Thanks for playing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges this month.

maria f. said...

Glad to see you in the CASE Playground again. Way to be inspired and way to go using NBUS! So much goodness on your tag.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous little tag! It all goes so well together! I have some buttons, too and a hard time using them - glad to see I am not the only one.... Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

rachel said...

awesome tag Gail! Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

Eret said...

Such a pretty tag with awesome details. Love thouse buttons too. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tag with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I love this sewing themed tag - just perfect for the challenge! Super happy that you've won over at Stamping Sensations! Well done!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Your tag tells me I should be sewing the fabrics I had measured and cut since last week but not yet sew the dresses for my big girl because I do my layouts instead, lol. Thanks for the reminder Gail! I love that shiny scissor (I won't be smiling if my fabric scissor is used to cut something else and my kiddos know that so well, hihi). Awesome tag Gail. I'm so glad to see your creation entered in the STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge. Thank you for your support and do make a come back this month will you :) Happy creating!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Monika Skinner said...

Hi Gail. I really love this collage tag with its Vintage feel. Thanks so much for your lovely comment and being inspired by my card. Thanks also for playing along at STAMPlorations in the Inspiration CASE Playground. Good Luck and have a lovely day! :-) x