Saturday 12 September 2015

A Strange Thing Happened on the Way to the Kitchen

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Suchi.  So glad you have joined my happy little following.  Hugz all round for all my lovely followers and all you guys and gals lurking around the blogosphere.  So happy you took the time to visit my little corner.

So, over at Simon Says Stamp they want to see Tim Holtz stamps, and Country View want numbers, and Darnell wants NBUS, and she said she'd love to see really old virginal  NBUS.  Darnell, get ready to get happy cos I knew I had some of those blueprint stamps that I had never inked.  Meet the Game Wheel......


I used the sketch from Your Next Stamp.  I stamped Tim Holtz Game Wheel from Ringmaster Blueprints (NBUS) twice on Bazzill Mud Puddle.  I embossed one image and cut it out.  I soaked the Mud Puddle, ripped the edges, screwed it up, sort of flattened it out, added some Walnut Stain, abused it a bit more.  Looks a bit like old leather.  You got to get it really wet.  Impressed the embossing survived the abuse.  I stamped YNS Quackers (NBUS) also on Mud Puddle and coloured with Galaxy Markers.  I used a cornflower blue base card, black inked edges, with a cornflower blue layer, black inked edges.  The black card was embossed with Cheery Lynn Clocks embossing plate and I used Colorbox Alabaster chalk to highlight and give a chalkboard look.  I added some twine with a sailor type knot and don't ask why the duck is hovering on part of a Cheery Lynn Compass die cut.  It seemed like the way to go LOL.

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 201 - All About Texture
YNS Challenge 22 - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Tim Holtz
Country View September Challenge - Numbers
NBUS #5

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz


10 comments:

shulsart said...

Love that duck, Gail and the cool artsy background. It looks like you had fun. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Irish Cherokee said...

You got a smile from me with this one. Great work and impressive results.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Anita said...

This is such a fun card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great idea to flip the sketch. Your card really has a cool feel - almost like mixed media. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!!!

Deepti said...

This is so fun! I like the layering and the vintage feel to it :)

Debbie's Time Out said...

Cute card and cute duck. Makes me smile. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a fun card and what a wonderful background!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Too cute! Love that duck!! Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp! Hope you will join us again next time!!

rachel said...

super work Gail - great number showcasing! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

Darnell said...

Wow, what an amazing result, Gail! I AM really happy with this old virgin! Wait. What? Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell