Saturday 19 September 2015

Chalkboard Butterflies

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Sylvia.  So nice to have you join my happy little band.  A big hugz for all my followers and friends.  Hugz.

For this card I have combined card sketch #6 and the chalkboard tutorial from Scrappelyst.



I started with a black card base.  I used white acrylic paint and Stamplorations Flutterby stencil and then smeared Colorbox Alabaster chalk.  I cut Cheery Lynn Mini Rum Punch doily in white and cut them in half to make my banner.  I didn't have any black and white twine so I used my sharpie on a piece of white twine.  The sentiment is from Rubber Dance Something Wonderful set, embossed with white on black card and smeared with the alabaster chalk.  I also added some chalkboard butterflies cut using Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies die.  

Joining the fun at
Scrappelyst Grublis for September - Kombinasjon
Scrappehjertet Utfordring 13 - Alt Lov - Med Dies
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 202 - Things With Wings
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Stencils/Masks 
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 280 - Banners 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love This Technique - chalkboard

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

15 comments:

Barbie said...

Your card is lovely and very clever the way you created your banner. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Stampsnob. said...

ooooo I like the butterfly banner I am happy you shared at MFP SFF..... Lis

shulsart said...

Lovely artsy card, Gail, I like how you created the banner with your doilies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Love the chalkboard effect. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Craftyfield said...

Love the chalkboard effect and the doily banner! The DIY twine made me laugh, been there done that... so much more practical than having twine (or ribbon/cardstock etc...) in all colours! All hail the humble sharpie!

kReN said...

Love your butterflies and banners. TFS! kReN, MFP DT

Words and Pictures said...

I love these - such a carefree image, and it looks great in "chalk"!
Alison x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card,Gail.Great design.
Hugs,Sylvia.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a lovely card. Your banner is awesome. Very unique! Thanks for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!!
Hugs!
Pam
MFP DT

Jane said...

Very elegant!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Davi said...

Love your cool banner and pretty chalk board look! So glad you shared with us at SP&F.

Jane said...

Beautiful card and banner!
Thanks for joining us at MFP/SF&F challenge.

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Scrappelyst :)

Bibi Lindahl said...

Cool!! I have yet to try this technique ... Thanks for using my sentiment stamp, darling! ♥

Scratch said...

What a cool card! Love it!

Thank you for participating in our challenge at Scrappelyst!

Linda