Monday 28 September 2015

A Dog is Not Just for Christmas

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Rachel and Shaz in Oz.  So happy to have you as new followers.  Hugz all round.  

I missed the red moon last night.  It was big and bright and clear til about midnight then it clouded up.  Then about 1am I gave up and went to bed.  Since it wasn't doing it's dance til 3am I decided I'd just catch it next time LOL.  Hoping I'm still around in 2033 and the whole thing happens at a more civillised hour ho ho.  

Talking of ho ho, I decided a little non-traditional xmas crafting was in order



I stamped High Hopes Andy and Patch Block, embossed and watercoloured.  Then I fussy cut, removing the background inside the frame as well and mounted it over some MME christmas tree paper.  I added a polka dot layer and mounted on a grey base card I smooched with Stormy Sky distress ink.  The die cut sentiment is part of Memory Box Merry Christmas to all.  I also took some of the smaller elements from the die cut and added to the image panel

Joining the fun at
High Hopes Stamps Challenge - Christmas/Halloween
Memory Box Challenge 4 - Terrific Trees
Repeat Impressions Sketch S2315
OCS Challenge - Christmas/Halloween
Share The Joy Challenge 4 - CAS 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

7 comments:

Kathy S said...

Thanks for sharing this with us at The House That Stamps Built Sketch Challenge. Hope you'll join us again soon!

Lizzy Hill said...

So super cute..... & against that gorgeous background that makes him really pop! Love it:):)

Juliz Design Post said...

You always make the cutest cards Gail and this one is so very cute.
Julie x

Cheri Burry said...

So sweet! I love how you used a non Christmas stamp but made it into a gorgeous Christmas card, brilliant! thank for playing along with us over at High Hopes Stamps!

Heather said...

Awww . . . how cute! Love that background and how you layered your image over the patterned paper. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Donna Rudy said...

What a fun, non traditional Christmas card. I love the Merry Christmas die you used.
Thank you for playing along in our challenge at High Hopes Stamps.

Monika Reeck said...

lovely coloring
and great using non traditional color for christmas card Gail
great card