Sunday 8 June 2014

Bunnyday Sunday

Hello.  Welcome.  It's very warm and occasionally sunny today.  My Lionhead rabbit has just had 5 little fat babies.  Happy Sunday everyone.  Despite challenges to the creativity caused by the arrival of an extremely annoying head cold a few days ago I have managed to get a project finished to join the PaperArtsy challenge.  Lots of creative awesomeness there again this week and I started playing with a few ideas til I realised focus and one finished would be helpful!


I really liked the box Sue made but decided to try some of the techniques on a card.  I started with a piece of kraft that had a stamp/postmark print on it.  I added some texture paste and stippled it.  



I painted my texture paste with a few shades of brown acrylic, used DI Walnut Stain through Memory Box Shine stencil and then added some Creative Expressions Vintage Golden Green gilding wax.  Now I have a problem because I really like this and everything I tried covers up that lovely background.  I like that the stamp print is still a bit visiable in the corner and I love the glow on the gilding wax.  Arrrggggggg.....


But I decided it had to have a little more.  A stamp from LPC003, stamped on kraft and fussy cut then backed with an embossed, crumpled and torn piece of crunchy wax paper.  Some birds, Sizzix Birds on a wire decorative strip, and some other tiny elements from various LPC stamps.  I also added a stamped tape border using an MME stamp and some more of the gilding wax to the bird die cut.  Still space for a sentiment.......

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Hugs

11 comments:

Laura said...

Gorgeous work!
Can we see a photo of the baby bunnies pleeeeeeeeeeeease? :)
x

Sarah Anderson said...

It's so hard, isn't it, when you love a background, but I think you did a great job with your choice of images to complement it!

Trish said...

It's lovely - it worked out so well!

Kay Wallace said...

I, too, love Sue's altered box, but, like you, I am going to start on a smaller scale first. Your card is really elegant, Gail, and I love all the layering! Yep! I can still see the stamp! ;-)

Darcy Marshall said...

Fabulous, I love the addition of those birds on a wire.

Corrie Herriman said...

This is wonderful !
Corrie x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card what great artwork.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Glad I'm not the only one who has a problem covering up backgrounds! Love the golden glow of this, and the choice of stamp and those wonderful birds really works, I think.
Alison x

Sylvia said...

Marvellous background, fabulous card.

Sylv xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and with my official hat on - thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x