Monday 30 June 2014

Don't Play Ball In The House

Hello.  Welcome.  It's been a bit of a surreal day.  I got up at 5.30am!!!  Anyone who knows me is wondering how I managed that, including me!  But needs must and maybe I'll share that at a later date.  The evening is rapidly approaching midnight, and with it the end of the month, and there are still projects to share so lets start with this cute dude......



I have been seeing grey and yellow around blogland and decided I would use this colour scheme and the Die-namites sketch and dare to make this fun card.  I started with a yellow base and added three panels of Bazzill London stamped with LOTV Background Bits- Old Romance set and embossed with white embossing powder.  I added some silver corrugated card and  piece of Crate Paper I cut with a deckle edge and added some faux stitches.  Then I tried to use my splat stamp.  Duh!!!   On corrugated and layers.  How silly was that?  So taking a deep breath I added real paint splats!   Quite successful.  Huge sigh of relief.  I die cut Die-namites Windy Wheat twice from yellow vellum and added the footballer from LOTV Action Time Art Pad.  I've cut out and popped the ball up on sticky pads to give a bit more dimension.  I also stamped the vellum wheat with a music stamp from the LOTV Old Romance set using Memento London Fog, but it doesn't show so much.  Looks good in the real though.  

Joining the fun at
LOTV Challenge - Male or Sporty
Die-namites June 2014 Sketch Challenge - Use Vellum
WOW Embossing Powder June Monthly Challenge 2014 - Gardens
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday June 2014 

Thanks for dropping by.  Off to hopefully finish another little project.  Hugs

8 comments:

Anne said...

What a cute card Gail, love the unusual colour combination

Thank you for entering our 'Male or Sporty' challenge, good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley

Laura Sterckx said...

This is so pretty and a great boy card. The image is colored beautifully and I love the colors and design. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

Lynne Forsythe said...

Gail....you card is JUST ADORABLE! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for playing along with Die~Namites Dies June Sketch Challenge!!

Unknown said...

Super adorable image. I love your card, thanks for playing along with the challenge.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Oh this is so stinkin' cute, Gail! Love the colors- yellow and gray is one of my favorite combos right now! That little boy is adorable and colored perfectly and the Windy Wheat Die~Namites Die is the PERFECT embellie for the little dude! Thanks so much for sharing with us and playing along with the Die~Namites Dies Challenge!

Dunja Trautmann said...

Your card is simply pretty Gail. Love the use of the Die. And your take of the Sketch is so beutiful! Very well done :)

Thank you so much for joining our Die~Namites Dies June Sketch and Dare Challenge this time.
Hope to see you soon again.

Dunja x

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable. I love that image and how you used the yellow, green and gray color scheme. Fabulous design!!

Sylvia said...

Great colour combination, love the cute LOTV image and the background paper used.

Sylv xx