Monday 2 June 2014

Flowers for Joan

Hello.  Welcome  I've used a Prima doll, MME patterned cardstock and the recipe from Joan's Touch to make this confirmation card.  Joan's recipe this week was to cut your card so part of the image stood above the fold and to use cardstock for colour.  I found this quite a challenge and it was going to be a christmas tree card but I have discovered my cutting skills aren't so good when you need the positive and negative intact.  And the christmas tree die has temporarily disappeared so no help there.  Instead I found a stamp with simple lines and went with that. 


I stamped my Prima Doll using Memento Black Tuxedo ink directly onto the patterned cardstock and cut out the top of the image and then folded the card.  I stamped again on flowered paper and paper pieced her dress and hairband.  I coloured her hair with henna promarker and added some shading to the ruffle with blue promarker.  I added some lace.  Had to cut around her a bit more to get it behind her.  Added some pearls from Storyteller and the sentiment is Kort og Godt.  It reads good luck today and for the future.  I added some dots with a black marker on the RHS to extend the stamp and make it look a bit better.  Although I admit it's not the straightest stamping I have ever done.  I still need to put something over the back hole and an insert inside.  A little shabby chic maybe..........


Felt like I needed some more dots so I have doodled and doodled a bit more.  Now she looks grounded.

Joining the fun at
Joan's Touch Challenge #15
7 Kids Challenge 100 - Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge 105 - Add Some Doodling
I Love Promarkers Challenge 221 - Flowers
Storyteller Norge Utfordring 17 - Komfirmasjon eller Feiring 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for your visit.  Hugs

8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Cute card Gail. Isn't this kind of card fun to make!! I love all the ideas that everyone has used this week. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a great idea! This turned out so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at www.7kidscollegefund!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous doodling, she does look grounded and I love the fabulous card design and this cute image and all the paper peicing. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PaperDaisies said...

Love how you have used the prima doll.Love the dotty doodling. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Dangina Martinez said...

Oh she looks so gorgeous! Love the paper piecing! I would like to Thank You for all the sweet comments on my blog. Thank You for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Kay Wallace said...

Your Prima doll is adorable, Gail. Love the floral pattern you chose for her paper-pieced dress and hairband! I think you definitely rocked this challenge. Great card and super sentiment for a confirmation! Well done, my friend!

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Great! I love how you’ve used this PrimaDoll.Thanks a lot for joining us at I Love ProMarkers. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs from Lisbeth

Jingle said...

This is very cute! I love the paper piecing! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!