Sunday 22 June 2014

Be Yourself

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at PaperArtsy Jo Firth Young made a cute tree.  I decided to make a card and also combine this with the Stampotique Designers Challenge Sentimental.  It goes like this....



I stamped a load of flower /leaf elements using stamps from PaperArtsy JM34 and EDY06.  The flowers are painted using Fresco Finsh Pansy with a hint of Limelight.  All the other elements were stamped on DCWV printed papers.  Then I totally forgot about taking photos!  Sorreeee....



I cut a tree from crunchy wax paper using Sizzix Tree 3D pop up.  I stuck the stamped elements onto it.  I've used a painty background from the stash and realised I should have stuck my tree the other way!!  So the whole thing fell over and became a branch.  I stuck the flowers down the LHS and scribbled a sentiment I saw the other day on a metal sign in a gift shop.  So now it's not a card.   Well, maybe a giant postcard.  Or one of those humorous but slightly embarrassing signs you find in bathrooms.  Like 'Gentlemen please stand closer, it may not be as big as you think' or 'Ladies, please remain seated for the whole of the performance'  That sort of thing. 

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Hugs

12 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

If you didn't tell us, then we would never know that your tree became a branch. Came together well. The sentiment is cool. Xx

Sarah B said...

a brilliant take on Jo's idea xx

Kathi said...

Oooh. I love your flowers and background!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Darcy Marshall said...

haha love the bathroom signs suggestions.

I like your giant card, the lollipop flowers and leaves look great on patterned paper.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This looks great!

Lucy x

Kaz said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Kay Wallace said...

Tree? Branch? Flowers? It doesn't really make a difference because what you created is beautiful. From a card to a postcard to a sign in a bathroom--you have made me laugh today!

Kay Wallace said...

And yes, thank you for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week, my friend.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, really like your flowers and the text is fabulous. Great colours too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

massofhair said...

Bright and beautiful plaque, one would be proud to display on the door to my smallest room! :-) xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous ♥

Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

Kjersti said...

A lovely card, beautiful put together!
Thanks for joining Trykkpressa, good luck!
Hugs Kjersti:)