Friday 4 August 2023

Wisdom of The Sea and Mountains

Hello Nomad friends.  I am over at at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity today where the current challenge is Summertime.  The team are sharing all their hot, summery makes.  I was thinking that summer is a good time to get out and enjoy nature so I decided to make a card using Lost Coast Designs Cracked Grass and Drake Dog and a new sentiment from Carmen's Veranda which really spoke to my soul.

 
The observant amongst you may notice that Drake Dog didn't make the final cut cos he disturbed my vision of sweeping mountains.  I used the very unassuming Cracked Grass stamp for both mountains and grass.  When I first got the cracked grass stamp I couldn't work out why it wasn't cracked mountains!  Then I turned it up the right way and had an ohhhhhh! moment.  But I still think it makes good mountains too!  Well, it looks mountain/lake enough for me.  Call it abstract art bwahahahhaaaa.   I never claim to be an artist which is why I stamp LOL.  I watercoloured my mountain scene with distress inks and sparkle.  I added the awesome Everything Will Be Fine sentiment, which I split into two parts.

 
I hope you get time to stamp something summery and join the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  The team will be posting more inspiration throughout the month so check back often and I look forward to seeing your makes.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz




2 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Gail what a fabulous and interesting creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Gail thank you for follow my blog you have made a great card

gr karin