Saturday 21 January 2023

Janis

Hello Nomad friends.  This post is a little tribute to our friend Janis Woolbright.  I am sure many of you have crossed paths with Janis over the years at Her Peaceful Garden blog and also with her awesomely amazing and super successful Cat Lovers hop.  We only ever met online, but over the years we shared many moments, with bloggy comments and fun, and also emails and late night (for me) chats about crafting, trials and triumphs, family, cats, gardening and other things that make up a busy life.  I can't say exactly when we first crossed paths, but I know I joined in all the Cat Lovers hops which started in 2015, and I had already been following Janis for a while on her blog before that.  Our chats blossomed into an online friendship and I was honoured to count her as a friend.

Janis was always busy, always generous with kind words and her time.  We last talked in December.  I know the last few years have been difficult and I know 2022 kept coming with hits for Janis and her family, but despite that she remained cheerful, talked about her hopes and worries for her family and rarely about her own challenges.  I was shocked and saddened to hear of Janis' death on the 6th January.  I made a card with a bible quote which I think encompasses Janis and a cat, because she was a crazy cat lady and they and we loved her for that, and for many other good and loving attributes she embodied.


My thoughts are with Janis' family at this difficult time.  Her son James has added a post to her blog and to her facebook page if anyone wishes to share a little comment, which I am sure will bring comfort to her family.  I also have her snail mail address if anyone wants to send a card. 

RIP Janis

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Lovely tribute to Janis, Gail - I heard about her passing through Jo - so sad!

HilaryJane said...

So sad to read about Janis, but I am enjoying hearing bout her and what a good blogging friend she was xx