Monday 9 January 2023

Wot No Flowers

Hello Nomad friends.  I see so many craft things I love.  I'm an easy sell for stamps and dies, but I try and look at them and see how I am going to be able to use them.  It's always fun to look at things in a different way.   The other day I used a Marianne Design roll up flower die as a moon and loved the concentric circle look.   Today I found another roll up flower die, this one a bit spikey and decided to play with them both.

I used the smooth flower die to emboss a blue panel and then used magenta archival to edge and highlight the texture.  I mounted it on a same colour stitch cut panel and a dark blue card base.   I used scraps of orange card and the spikey flower die and cut 5 times and arranged them in an ascetically pleasing manner.  I stamped Marianne Designs dog on a scrap of white card, added a touch of colour, fussy cut and added him to the card.   The norwegian happy birthday greeting is cut from a printed sheet. 

Here's the scraps I used, and yes, I almost forgot to photograph them Di and Sarn.  You can see I've already started embossing the circles and cut one of the spikey flower dies!!!   

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Marianne Design Challenge 308 - Birthday LR0257, LR0163, CR1391, HT1607
Snippets Playground Challenge 445 - Show Us Your Snippets
Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenge 2301



8 comments:

Sarn said...

That’s one very cute snippets card. Well done for remembering to take a picture of your snippets too.

Thanks for entering homework to the Snippets Playground. Come up to the Treehouse for a cuppa after you’ve finished playing on the seesaw Xxx

Anita said...

Such a great idea Gail how you used the rolflowers.
Thanks for that.
Thanks for joining our last challenge.

Best Regards
Anita
MDblog

Judith said...

Je kaartje is prachtig geworden.
Gezellig dat je mee doet met onze allerlaatste Challenge "verjaardagkaart".
DT Marianne Design Challenge Blog
Groetjes van Judith.

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the spiked flower cutouts and your cute pup. Thank you for entering your card at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
Karen, DT

Mrs A. said...

What a brilliant card you have made. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Super card Gail - I love that you almost forgot to take a photo of your snippets! So easy to do that. Great idea to use the 'unrolled flower' die! I bet the dog is cslled 'Spike'! Hugs, Di xx

Suzan said...

Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt voor de laatste Challenge bij MD
Groetjes Suzan
DT MD Challenge Blog
Creaties Suzan op FB

Henriët said...

Super leuke kaart met hele mooie kleuren.
Bedankt voor het meedoen.
Groetjes van Henriët
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog