Sunday 8 January 2023

Late Last Night in the Middle of the Night

Hello Nomad friends.  I was meandering around fb last night when I came across a post in one of the crafty groups and Mai-Britt asked someone to give her a challenge to make a different sort of Christmas card.  So I chipped in with tree shaped easel card in blue and pink.  And she liked the idea so we played, setting a three hour limit.  Well, that was good cos it's been a while since I made an easel card and quite honestly, I couldn't remember how.  And then there was the whole tree shaped thing.  I had suggested the challenge so I decided to be purist.  The tree wasn't a problem.  My friend Jo had sent me a beautiful Funky Fossil Folk Art Tree die as a christmas gift and it's been looking at me.  And I decided to do some more paper piecing with the holographic mirror card.


So here's my card. and it is much more bling in the real!!  I spotted a perfect piece of christmas paper which was part of my November prize from Papercraft Challenges, pink to blue ombre with snowflakes and cut the tree.   I backed it with a piece of glitter paper and cut round the tree.   Then I spent way more time that it should take paper piecing in the pretty cuts with blue and two shades of pink holographic mirror card.

Then I made a tree shaped easel base to match.  It's a fun shape and I added a God Jul ( Merry Christmas) sentiment as my stop.

Thanks for dropping by and thanks to Jo for the beautiful tree die.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Knutsels en Kadootjes Challenge - E easel card
Papercraft Challenge 89 - Decking the Halls
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New
Allsorts Challenge Week 710 - Something New new tree die
Jingle Belles Challenge - Thank You Santa

7 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty shaped design. Thanks for sharing it at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

SmilynStef said...

What a fun and unique holiday card design ... so very glad you joined us for our *What Did Santa Bring You?* prompt at Jingle Belles.

brenda said...

What a great idea for a different Christmas style of card Gail, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

lauren bergold said...

Oh what a lovely and appealing card, the easel design is very cool and the foils are gorgeous. so pleased you've shared this fun and festive card with us at Jingle Belles!

Monique said...

Thanks for joining us at K&K with your beautiful easelcard.
Hugs Monique

Nelly said...

Wat een leuke kaart heb je gemaakt voor onze challenge met een E. Bedankt voor je deelname.

Groetjes Nelly (DT K&K)