Wednesday 11 January 2023

Pink Boots and Bling

Hello Nomad friends.  I took part in a secret santa swap in a fb craft group and received a lovely die and stamp set.  So today I decided to make a card using my goodies and a Studio Light Essentials Die – Christmas Card shape stars 69 to cut my base card.  These dies make album pages but they make nice shaped card bases and the holes for binding the page are a great place to weave a little ribbon detail.  The card is for a confirmation which is a big event here in the spring.

I cut the die base from black card twice and used the star insert die on one piece.  I backed the stars with holographic card and scored the back panel just to the right of the line of holes.  Then I glued the two sections together using glue behind the stars and just to the right of the line of holes so I have an opening card.   I used the SL dies to cut a beige patterned card panel.  I cut three little fences from kraft card and the sentiment panel.  I stamped the shoes on white card, fussy cut and added some pink.  The laces are a darker pink, but my camera is being challenged by the holographic effects I think!  I stamped the long sentiment directly on the card with brown ink.  It says

'all that your heart possesses of joy and warm words,
sprinkle it along the paths of life
and it will grow in your tracks'

Now isn't that pretty!!!!

This is a picture of my secret santa package and the SL die I used.

 

 I wove thin silk ribbon through the holes and added a couple of silver charms from Korthobby.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Allsorts Challenge Week 710 - Something New all NBUS stamps and dies
Dream Valley Challenge 284 - New Beginnings confirmation is considered the start of adulthood



 

 


 

 

3 comments:

brenda said...

What a great idea and super goodies to receive Gail, many thanks for joining in with our Something New theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Mervi said...

Great and fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Pauline C said...

Great sue of your Secret Santa goodies! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's "Something new" challenge at Allsorts
Pauline xx