Wednesday 2 February 2022

Explosion of Colour

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the second of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge Reveal.  If you don't know, this is an international card exchange that runs ever month, come rain, storm, fire or pandemic.  Yep, we don't even let a pandemic stop us sending love around the world one card at a time.  In fact, since the first cards were sent over 3530 cards have been exchanged!!!!  This month my card went to Gundi in Germany.

I wanted to use the option colours red, green and yellow, and scraps, so I paper pieced my Prima doll and made a brusho background.  It felt a bit empty on the left so I hunted for a border or die cut that would suit and stumbled on loads of goldline stickers.  Pretty gold flower borders and then I had a moment and added loads of red holographic dots to the flower centres.  Actually quite a therapeutic exercise, except when they pinged off and vanished!  Poof!!!  I expect the cat will find them and go around looking very pretty.  Then a little sticker butterfly to finish.  

If you would like to join the fun you can SIGN UP for the February exchange.

Do hop over and check out the JANUARY REVEAL cos it's amazing!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Allsorts Challenge Week 661 - AG opt. Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes




12 comments:

Marianne said...

Love your artsy card, Gail, and the border was a great find from your stash.
I haven't had my brushos out in a very very long time. Thanks for the inspiration to get them out of hiding...
Marianne x

Linby said...

This really caught my eye in the gallery as I love my JN dolls. The paper piecing paper you have used for her dress is so very clever and the whole thing looks amazing.
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Gail .. love the fab brusho background with that image. Thankyou for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week
Pauline xx

Wendy L said...

Very chic card, love the floral skirt, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

Ellibelle said...

It's a beauty, Gail. Love the Brushos background and the added border is a perfect finishing touch.
As always, thank you for hosting CCC and also for joining in at Allsorts challenge!

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful Gail. I love that paper pieced dress and amazing brusho background. Well done for keeping the colours beautifully separate. I would end up with a muddy mess. You must have had some patience that day to stick those tiny bits on the flowers. Bet you find those lost bits stuck to something or somewhere you least expect them to be xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful girl image and I love your brusho background, Gail! Those flowers and butterfly add the perfect finishing touches!!

brenda said...

A super image and such a lovely colourful card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

papierelle said...

I love this card!!! She makes me dream of summer. I especially like the brusho background and the elegant lady in her beautiful summer dress.

Angelnorth said...

The background makes me think of photographic bokeh - lovely background for your Prima doll with her fabulous paper-pieced dress Gail!

Pia S said...

I want her dress, with this exact print. What a super choice of scrap paper! Beautiful, colorful card with nice golden details.

Arlene said...

Wonderful paper piecing. I love your card.