Sunday 6 February 2022

Meerly Cute

Hello Nomad friends.  I was one of Di's lucky winners of the mega Christmas draw at the Snippets Playground and I won a Marianne Designs Meercat die set.  Thanks so much Di.  Perfectly awesome and so so perfect for scraps.  Marianne Designs also have a twofer challenge so I decided to use my new dies and some scraps and make a couple of cards for some occasions that are just over the horizon.

Yeah, Meercat cuteness.  So happy with these.  Although it wasn't til I uploaded the picture that I noticed I'd cut one of the 'meercat mounds' to the panel, and one to the card base.  I was aiming for the same but different so I suppose I have that.

I used gold card bases and the meercat mound is a circle of pizza box I painted with gold Aztec paint and cut in half.  Half each guys and gals.  Found lots of brown scraps for the Meercats.  Some pink and blue for their collars and red for the heart.  OK, scraps excess....... all those little dots came from the heart die cut!!  I think I need scraps anonymous.....

And then there's this.  OMG.  How cute are those baby meercats??  Mothers Day in Norway is the 2nd Sunday in February, so this will be great for the MIL.  Although thinking about it I may need to add another couple of babies cos my man is one of five siblings.  Bwahahahahaahha.  The patterned paper, heart die, acrylic stars and rectangle die are all Marianne Designs.  The Verdens Beste (world's best) is a Kort og Godt die.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining both cards to
Marianne Designs Challenge 287 COL1490, COL1307, CR1242, CA3113, PK0121
Snippets Playground Challenge 421
Scrap og Snap - For Someone You Care About

Joining Card 1 to
Die Traumfabrik Challenge #100 - 50 First Dates

Joining Card 2 to
Scrappesyken - Morsdag


17 comments:

LesleyG said...

Theses are adorable, snippets anonymous is a good idea, can I join please hahahaha ? Xxx

Sarn said...

Hi Gail. Congrats on winning these cute dies in Miss Di’s Christmas draw.

Love your uber cute meerkat cards using even your tiniest dotty snippets from the red heart!!!!

Good to see you enjoying Treehouse tea & crumpets this morning! Got a queue of girls waiting while the toaster is going overtime!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Suzan said...

Supermooie kaartjes heb je gemaakt!
Bedankt voor het meedoen.
Groetjes Suzan
DT MD Challenge Blog

Suzanne H said...

Adorable! What a wonderful die set to use up those scraps. I've hopped over from Pixie's to see your card up close. So glad I did.

Aquarius said...

Well that was a lucky win indeed - those meerkats are so cute

papierelle said...

oh my god this is so cute!!!! I love meerkats, I always stay with them for a particularly long time at the zoo. In South Africa we were even lucky enough to be able to observe them in person. I love these cards. I can't stop looking at them. Glad you joned us at the Dream Factory!! Gujndi

Anita said...

Gorgeous cards Gail.
Thanks for joining our challenge.

Best Regards
Anita
MDblog

Karenladd said...

Who better to have won that meercat die set than you, especially as you've created the cutest cards with it already. LOVE these sweet little meercats and all the snippets you managed to use.

Aniet said...

Nice cards Gail,
Thanks for joining our challenge,
kind regards Aniet
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog

Wybrich said...

Prachtige kaartjes!
Dank je wel voor het meedoen
Gr Wybrich
DT MDchallenge blog

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

grappige kaarten
bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
groetjes jolanda bongers
DT challengeblog MD

Judith said...

Fantastische leuke kaartjes heb je gemaakt, mooie combinatie.
Gezellig dat je mee doet met onze "2 mini slimline's" Challenge.
Groetjes van Judith
DT Marianne Design Challenge Blog

De Hobbyzolder said...

Leuke kaartjes!
Leuk dat je meedoet met de “2x mini slimlinekaartjes” Challenge
Groetjes Cecile
DT Marianne Design Challenge Blog

Henriët said...

Wat een super gezellige kaartjes!
Bedankt voor het meedoen.
Groetjes van Henriët
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog

Di said...

How wonderful to see you using your prize so soon Gail. And to make such great cards as well - just shows that Meerkats aren't just for Christmas :)

Hugs

Di xx

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! I do love a meerkat! Jo x

Conny said...

Wonderful cards! Love the cute meercats!
Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!

Hugs,
Conny