Sunday 13 February 2022

Butterfly Collar Card

Hello Nomad friends.  I have had a fun and productive scrappy weekend.  So nice to get a few UFO's finished and hit scrap mountain for extra scrappy satisfaction.  I've been wanting to try Mrs A's Collar Fold.  I just went for it, and then I had to trim my collars a bit cos they ended up going outside the card front, but generally, despite the curious mix of supplies, I think I am happy with this.

I used Butterfly patterned card from Kort og Godt for my card base.   So that's the butterflies sorted.  And the collar fold.  I've added some metal hearts on small foam pads as detail and my Cardinal aspect.  I found this Kort of Godt vintage image which I had already fussy cut.  I coloured the flowers in her hair with a Promarker to give me some Cornflower colour.  The dark blue butterflies at the bottom of the card were stealing her thunder so I added a vellum layer to mute them.  I added a Celedon green layer inside the card and added the thanks die cut to give me more cornflower and  some coral.  Done.  Ah, but I missed the circle!  Say la doo dah......

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Butterfly Challenge - C 1. all 4 colours + Collar Fold + Butterflies
Country View February Challenge - Hearts and Flowers
Double D Hearts Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love is in the Air



6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Interesting new fold - not seen that before. Could be good for graduation cards. Nice! Jo x

Kathy Krug said...

Such a great fold for this card. I love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. Hope to see your designs in future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT

Diane said...

Very pretty and creative! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Mrs A. said...

Love the mix on this card. Very electic. fold looks good. Yippee I have found my grasshoper stamp. Just knew he was in a box somewhere. Thankyou for coming and [playing in the butterfly garden with me this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Craftyfield said...

Interesting fold! I do love when I use old scraps too, not that the mpuntain is ever decreasing... Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges! x

Monika Gulyas said...

Great card design!!! Thank you for joining the February challenge of the Country View Challenges!