Monday 31 January 2022

Extra Fries

Hello Nomad friends.  We had a little interruption to our service yesterday after storm whatever it was called caused a ruckus here in this part of the globe.  Luckily we got off lightly with just a large branch dropping into the rabbit garden, and something went screwy with the internet.  But we are back now, weather has calmed down nicely, and we are being treated to a snow flurries to finish the month.  So here's a card I made last night.  I hope you like it as much as I do.  

Ta Dah!!!  This is cracking me up!!!!!!  

OK, this was design genius me feels.  I cut Poppystamps House in the Woods die into a slimline navy panel.  I use this die a lot, but I usually only want the woods so I have a load of these little houses lying around after they get cut off.  Then I needed some ground so I decided to stencil.  One of the first ones that popped up was Stamplorations Faces Beauty, and I saw that hair!!!  I grabbed a blending brush and TE Sugar Cube ink and love it!!!

I'd already cut my DieVersions Build an Animal deer from a weetabix box, colouring with Promarkers to give me some different shades of brown.  Then I grabbed Time For Tea Workout Pigs for that awesome pun, and cut my sentiment panels with T4T Speech Bubbles dies.  The happy birthday is a Rubber Dance stamp with everything on a red foiled cardbase.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great day, and don't forget, extra fries!!  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Januar - Dies/Punch/Mønstersaks
Allsorts Challenge Week 661 - AG opt. Stencil
Country View Challenge - Your Year to Sparkle and Shine
Creative Crafting Uncles Challenge 25 - Happy Birthday
Stamplorations January Stencil Challenge






8 comments:

Sue said...

Another fun card Gail, and a great way to use the stencil! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Country View Crafts and have a great week, Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very ingenious way to use that stencil, often things have multiple uses but we just don't see it, so this was great! Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Janis said...

Pardon me....but your genius is showing!!!
What a fab idea to use the hair part of the stencil for snowy ground. Wow...just awesome.
Love your card and that sentiment is totally ME!! Lol.... So much fun!
Have a great week!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous way to stretch that hair stencil, Gail - so fun! Bet it would make a great ocean too :) Just love your critter asking for extra fries - sounds like a good idea to me - LOL!

brenda said...

Such fun Gail and clever use of the stencils, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Katrine E. Bråten said...

Flott kort og herlig humoristisk tekst. Tusen takk for at du deltar i utfordringen hos Scrappelyst :-)

Mervi said...

Fabulous and so lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Alex said...

Oh such a funny die cut deer... Love it!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite