Thursday 10 February 2022

Anyone For Grasshoppers

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the 10th of the month so time for the new challenge at Let's Squash It!  This month we have come up with a fun three part recipe and called it Grasshopper Green!  We want you to use lots of green, include an insect and of course use an embossing folder.  Any embossing folder along with your insect and green and you are good to go.  We have lovely inspiration from Jo and our wonderful guest so do hop over and check it out and join the fun.  I used Gemini 3D Butterfly Effect embossing folder.

These 3D folders are quite fat and I found leaving one of the cutting plates out from my Bigshot sandwich worked perfectly.  I used a piece of designer paper from Kort og Godt that has a fine green grid printed on it.  I smeared my folder with green distress ink before embossing and gave it a gentle spritz with water after to soften the colour a little.  I decided that when your embossing folder is as pretty as this one then it doesn't need much more, so I just added a Stamplorations die cut thanks using some blue and coral card I had on my desk from last night and mounted the panel on a green base card.

Thanks for dropping by.  You have until the end of the month to join the fun at Let's Squash It! and Jo and I will be back with more inspiration later in the month.  I might even try and find a grasshopper LOL.  Hugz.

Joining the fun at
Butterfly Challenge - C 1. Coral, Celadon, Cornflower + Butterflies
Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenge 2206
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss It
Allsorts Challenge Week 662 - AG Opt. Red Flowers



9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous folder, Gail. Makes a lovely card, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

You’re right, the folder can carry the card without needing much else doing to it, this is lovely Gail!

Wendy L said...

It looks fab, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

brenda said...

Such a pretty creation using the detailed embossing folder Gail, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card - love the intricate textured look. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge
Pauline x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Love all the texture. Thank you for sharing with us at the PIP Challenge.

Mrs A. said...

Somewhere in my stash I must have a grasshopper. I can visualise the stamp just need to hunt for it. Could be some time! Thankyou for coming and playing again in the garden with me.. hugs Mrs A.

Robyn Oliver said...

A lovely card Gail, and fabulous EF.. lots of texture and works well with this colouring technique, Robyn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty butterfly ef, Gail, and I love the bright sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration at Let's Squash It!! I managed to skate in at the last minute....