Sunday 2 January 2022

Poof!

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the 2nd of the year so time to share my card I made for the December Card Chain Challenge international card exchange.  If you like to make cards and you like to get real, old fashioned style happy mail maybe you would like to join the fun.  We have been sending love around the planet, one card at a time, since October 2009.  Nothing can stop us!  Not even a pandemic!  It's been interesting, sometimes it's been slow, sometimes it's been really, really, really slow, but the love in an envelope has got there in the end.  I'd like to thank all the amazing talented ladies and gent who have taken part in the Card Chain Challenge over the years.  Some take part every month, some just now and again, or maybe only once, but your love and support and awesome art warms my heart and soul.

Here's the card I sent to Brenda in the UK.

I love dragons.  After hesitating for a long time I bought a couple of these colorize die sets.   Then I have to admit I took advantage of the November sales and went seriously crazy on these colorize sets, so stay tuned for whole savannas and christmas scenes and allsorts of other stuff. Must say they are an excellent way to use up scraps!  OK, big white card base, cos this dude is big!  I covered most of it with some fancy printed foiled vellum I got as happy mail.  Thanks Susanne.  At the bottom I added a green scrap offcut from a drips die.  Then I started cutting the dragon.  Quite complex looking, but pretty easy really, except I do start to lose interest when you get down to the very tiny fiddly die cut bits.  But lovely result.  The sentiment is from a Prima dolls set, also stamped on a scrap, which I fussy cut to mirror the background pattern.   

If you would like to see all the amazing cards sent in December check out the REVEAL

If you would like to join the fun the JANUARY SIGN UP is open until 6th Jan.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge #418








11 comments:

Marianne said...

Such a fun card, Gail. Also love that background.
I did check out some of the colorize dies but discovered in time that they are very big (as well as expensive).
Happy New Year!
Marianne x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an adorable dragon, Gail - so colorful in all his layers!! Really brings a smile!!

HilaryJane said...

What a fabulous dragon and I can see what you mean about the tiny pieces. They would definitely get lost on my desk. I shall look forward to seeing more of your new dragon supplies. I love taking part in the CC challenge so thanks for keeping it going. Here's to 2022 and all the fabulous cards xx

Dotty Jo said...

He's adorable! Does he live by the sea and frolic in the Autumn mists? Jo x

Pia S said...

What a fun and unexpected design for the December reveal. Original and cute and well done putting the small fiddly bits together. Wishing you a happy New Year.

Angelnorth said...

Fun dragon Gail, this is sure to have brought a smile! I’m guessing the overall die has to be big otherwise those tiny fiddly bits would end up needing a microscope!

Ellibelle said...

The dragon is gorgeous and a fabulous card with so many great details! Loving all the different greens you used to piece him together!

papierelle said...

Usually man is afraid of dragons, but not this one. He is so cute!!

Di said...

What a super idea and a great card Gail. Oh I did love Jo's comment - I remember that song only too well! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Thanks so much for the tip off about the foldable big shot. I'll check that one out for sure!

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Di xx

Sarn said...

Love this cute dragon. Super background too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx