Saturday 29 January 2022

Ugly Sweater Weather

Hello Nomad friends.  It's very wet and windy here today with hurricane force gusts predicted.  And the end of the month is looming so I think I will stay in, cosy in my craft room, and try and finish some of the very very many UFO's on my desk.  Starting with a rainbow card for Jo's Christmas Kickstart challenge.  Well, a rainbow of colour, even if no actual rainbows........

I made a red/green/yellow brusho background the other day and some of it was still lurking so I cut a piece with Stamplorations Double Stitch Rectangle die, edged with red Promarker and mounted on a red edged white base.  I die cut my Sizzix Colorize Deer from scraps, including some stripey colourful ex-packaging.  I used the same packaging and a Marianne Designs die for the 'parcel'.  I was expecting the Let It Snow to cut, but it's an emboss feature, so I used it as a stencil and with a Promarker black pen accentuated the lettering.  A bit of folded organza ribbon and done!

Joining the fun at
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 58 - Rainbow Christmas
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Januar - Dies/Punch/Mønstersaks
Allsorts Challenge Week 661 - AG opt. Stencil


I also had this cute Papirdesigns Nisse die cut from blue and white scraps

I had some Papirdesigns Hytta På Fjellet double sided paper which has this lovely blue woodgrain pattern on one side, so I decided to make a door!  I used a Korthobby.no Home Sweet Home charm and a brad for the door handle.  Love that little dangly key!!!  Then I needed a background.  Mushrooms!  Perfect.  Papirdesigns Sopptur paper, cut with a stitch die and a little frost added to the 'shrooms with glitter glue.  A bit of white cut with a stitch edge for some snowy ground and a little more glitter glue sparkle to finish.

Joining the fun at
Papirdesign Utordring for Januar - Vinter og Snø
Double D Challenge - Blue and White Winter
Country View Challenge - Your Year to Sparkle and Shine



Thanks for dropping by.  Back soon hopefully with more makes.  Hugz




10 comments:

Darlene said...

Both cards are so much fun Gail! GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Dotty Jo said...

Such fun makes! I love that rainbow background for your dear deer! And his waistcoat too. Also love the blue nosed gnome. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Heidi said...

Så herlige kort du har laget! Tusen takk for bidrag til Scrappelyst sin utfordring!
Klem far Heidi

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling cards, Gail - I especially love that reindeer, so adorable in his scarf & sweater! What a fab Brusho background too!!

brenda said...

Loving the rainbow of colours Gail, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Tina Z. said...

wow, so clever with the doors and I love the colourful background!

Diane said...

Fabulously FUN cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Wendy L said...

Super card and love the background, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

Sue said...

I love this Gail, you can't beat a cute gnome! Thanks so much for joining in with us again at Country View Crafts and have a fun week, Sue xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and fun cards.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m