Thursday 19 August 2021

Creation and Design

Hello Nomad friends.  I found myself challenged today because the cards I made use preprinted toppers and papers.  I felt guilty, cos it wasn't 'handmade'.  Which reminded me of the time I presented a handmade card and was asked if I'd made the paper/stamps/ink/table I was working on!  So, we buy pretty papers and use them, but unless we change them into something else it is/isn't/might be handmade.   This Hunkydory A4 ephemera pack came with a magazine and they really are so pretty and top quality.  I have already made 2 slimline cards with these, so here's two more, very simple creations which will be bundled into the set, and also a retirement card with more design elements that maybe edge it towards handmade territory???

I trimmed 10cm x 21 off the end of this sheet, which got rid of a summerhouse and left me with a lovely mottled 20 x 21cm piece.  I creased it and folded to get my DL base card and added this lovely silver foiled topper.  That's me!!!  I love my garden.

This one was even simpler!  I just cut off the end piece I didn't want and folded.  Well, why not?  What a pretty note card.  Must admit I did spend much much longer trying to decide what sentiment of embellishment I should add to these, but they don't need anything really.  Just two simple notecards.  Ooh look!  Me again!!  OK, maybe I am not that elegant and my garden is not so well tended, but we can wish........

And since I was playing with this pack..........

This is the A4 printed sheet that made me think retirement and also trifold!!!!

 

And here it is after i scored it at 10 and 20cm, added a topper, some of the printed waste pieces and a few Stamplorations die cut words.

 

This is the card front when it's folded.  It fits in a DL envelope.  You know Aloha mean hello, goodbye and a host of other things.........

The inside.  The topper reads
'wherever life plants you bloom with grace'

Hope you enjoyed my creations.  No high ART, but at least some stash was used up in the making.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Double D Challenge - Fruits and Vegetables
Unstampabelles Challenge 114 - It's All About Me
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb 198 - Farvel, Pa Gjensyn,Vi Sees
Stamplorations August Challenge
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge





8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

It's fun to try different techniques! I think it's actually quite tricky to turn pre-printed papers into attractive cards - so bravo you! Jo x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant project, love the goodies added and colour for our current challenge, "Fruits and Vegetables . " Thanks for joining in at [aNNie Designer for Double D challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Darlene said...

Oh Gail these are awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Fruits & Vegetables’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Diane said...

Fabulously FUN cards! It is fun to turn pretty toppers and papers into cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Beautiful cards, lovely colours and great design also! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Kreativelena said...

Nice cards. And thank you for joining us at our last challenge for awhile at Nordsalten hobbyklubb :-)

Anita Lise said...

So sweet cards🤗 Thank you so much for joining us at our last challenge at Nordsalten hobbyklubb :-) DT Anita Lise

Susan Hogan said...

You know, inside my head I am about 30, thin and energetic. (Stop laughing!) I love your gardening inner self. Two sweet pretty notecards - done. Love your quirky take on the theme for the Unstampabelles challenge in August.