Tuesday 24 August 2021

A Trio of My Favourite Things

 Hello Nomad friends!  I'm over on the Let's Squash It! blog today with some of my favourite things to inspire for the current not paper, not card challenge.  We want you to use any embossing folder, emboss something that is not paper or card and include that on your card.  I decided to use this beautiful royal blue metal sheet I had and one of my all time favourite folders Sizzix Cirque.


I love embossing metal sheets.  It's gives such a gorgeous crisp and special background.  I decided Cirque gave a suitably spacey looking stage for my little X-cut rocket, which I cut out of a scrap of pale blue metal sheet.  Then I die cut the Stamplorations Happy Birthday, also from scraps.  Blue is my favourite colour and completes my trio of things I love in a very satisfying manner.

Dig out your folders and not paper/card things and get squashing.  The Let's Squash It! linky is open until the end of the month, so you have another week to join the fun. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Male Room Challenge 153 - Our 8th Birthday
Country View Challenge - Monochromatic
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 410
Stamplorations August Challenge
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge




9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy embossed metal, Gail - love that ef and the rich blue! So cute with the little rocket!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Oh shiny space!, so cool

MortiCraft said...

The metal sheet has embossed so well. I think I prefer it to card! Very well matched with the rocket and I like the sentiment die too. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Sue said...

This is fabulous Gail, I've not seen this embossing folder before but it's perfect for your project! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful card! That blue is really striking. Thanks for playing along at Pixies Crafty Workshop. Bonnie GDT

Evelyn Walter said...

Hi Gail! The embossed metal looks amazing and fits perfectly to the rocket and space theme of the card.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts this month! Evelyn xx

Sari / Granne said...

Your embossing looks so cool, I think I need to find my metalpapers, LOL, great CAS desing. Thank you so much for joining The Male Room Challenge #153 - Our 8th Birthday.

Sarn said...

That's a very striking card. Love that embossing which, as you say, really stands out.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Super card Gail - gosh i do love that vibrant blue. And such a fun theme for Let's Squash It as well. Apart from kitchen foil I' stuck for non-paper/card. If I recover soon and get time I'll give it a go!

Hugs

Di xx