Sunday 8 August 2021

Leathered It!!

Hello Nomad friends.  It's my turn to share some fun Technique Time tips with your embossing folders over at the wonderful Let's Squash It! blog.  Today I am looking at things you can squash that aren't normal paper and card.  Hop on over for an interesting read, but first, my piece de resistance.........

I made this card with a piece of leather I embossed!
Cool or cool??!

I used Darice Ticket 30cm long embossing folder and brown leather

I used a Kort og Godt patterned card base and stencilled with Walnut Stain distress ink through a Prima stencil

 I added the embossed leather.  I cut some arrows from kraft card using Sizzix Movers and Shapers Arrow die and the Jallopy from the same leather, fluffy side out.  I stamped the arrows with Rubber Dance Bird Feet from the Gather Together set using brown archival and edged with brown Promarker.  The large arrow I fussy cut and stamped TH sentiment.   I die cut the Konfirmant sentiment from a scrap of brown card and added more stamped bird feet along the bottom of the card......

..... and on the inside along with TH Pointer stamp.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you enjoy my Technique Time ideas and come back on the 10th for a new Let's Squash It! challenge.  See you there.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Country View Challenge - Monochromatic
We Love 2 Create Challenge 8 - Anything Mixed Media
NSS Challenge 3 - For Big and Little Boys
Do-All Kreatives #56 - Transport + Vintage for Men

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great masculine card with the embossed leather ticket, Gail - just love all the details on this one!!

theras kartenblog said...

That´s a great project. I love the layout and the colours so much
Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Jane said...

Very cool! Thanks for joining our August monochromatic challenge over at Country View Challenges x

Angelnorth said...

I feel embossed leather bookmarks coming on! Fab card Gail, love this one!

Sandy said...

What a great idea! Leather 😯👍🏼 Thanks for joining us at NSS Challenge and have a good time. 🤗

Doris Klein said...

Amazing work! What a fantastic technique and nice idea! Great done

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous card! I love your brown monochromatic design and how you embossed the leather - amazing 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Happy and creative wishes 😊. Hugs Jo x

sidan said...

Wow, das ist ja ein klasse Effekt. Daraus ist ja echt eine edle Karte entstanden.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes".