Friday 6 August 2021

Old McSplendid's Farm

Hello Nomad friends.  Stumbled over Scrappegarasjen Mixed Media Inspiration Day.  This is an online meeting tomorrow, but they've already set three challenges today and we have until Sunday evening to play along.  So happy!!  The weather was looking a bit iffy and my Mojo is really flagging in the heat.  I decided I should do a bit outside before it rained, but walking past my craft room I thought of the first challenge - make something in 5 minutes.  Well, it's only 5 minutes.  Isn't it???   Turned out 5 minutes is an extremely short period of time, especially for time unaware slow crafters.

Anyway, this is what I wanted to make in 5 minutes!!!  Told you I am time challenged, in more ways than one!!!!

I watched the video made for the inspiration for this challenge and she gathered all her supplies before starting the clock.  That's handy cos I would have had to restart the clock at least twice already!!!!   I found a scrap of patterned card, a scrap of Bazzill, some Kaiserkraft corrugated tag and The Greeting Farm McSplendid Farm stamps (NBUS)

OK, so there was the stamping on the Bazzill with brown archival ink, the cutting up of the patterned panel and the inking of the edges with brown Promarker, the fussy cutting of the images and sentiments with more Promarker colour and edging and a little white gel pen here and there, the gluing together and the addition of the wool.  I managed to get the pig tag made in under 5 minutes, and also the hen one, another 5 minutes.  The cow and horse took longer, so didn't make the cut, but isn't it a cute set!!!!!   The cow was going to say Hi, but the Hi vanished, so I restamped a Hey, which I thought was more appropriate anyway........

Thanks for dropping by.  I did get out and do some weeding so that was good.  Now I have recharged with a lovely cup of tea and some freshly picked and cooked beans, so I am heading outside again while the sun is still shinning.  See you soon though.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Creative Fingers Challenge 213
Country View Challenge - Monochromatic
We Love 2 Create Challenge 8 - Anything Mixed Media
NSS Challenge 3 - For Big and Little Boys

5 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful and so cute! I also love the colours a lot.
Thanks for joining us at Nachteulen.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Flo said...

Super, dass Du unseren Nachteulen-Blog gefunden und auch gleich an einer Challenge teilgenommen hast. Deine lustigen und schönen Werke erfreuen bestimmt kleine und auch große Jungs bestimmt. Für die Auslosung wünsche ich Dir viel Glück.
Liebe Grüße, Flo

Craftyfield said...

Just the fussy cutting would take me 5 mns... Brave of you to take up the challenge and you got some cool tags out of it too! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

Monika Gulyas said...

How cute are these tags!!! Thank you for joining the August challenge of the Country View Challenges!

sidan said...

Süße Lesezeichen. Und braucht nicht immer viel Material, um ein schönes Ergebnis zu bekommen.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes".