Monday 9 August 2021

Bunny Shaker and Cowgirl Party

Hello Nomad friends.  My Favourite Things are having one of their Camp Create events and I was hoping to join in with all 5 of the challenges before close of play on Wednesday.  The first challenge is shakers and I have a bit of an up and down love/hate relationship with these.  Coincidentally Josi had a really cute shaker on the Rubber Dance blog today and her lovely tutorial made me pull on my big girl panties and go for it.

I love this big time.  Hugs and bunny!  What more could you want???   I used a burlap patterned card panel and cut MFT Big Hugs die.  I stamped one of MFT Easter Bunnies on the card panel and also on a scrap of white card.  I coloured and fussy cut the bunny and glued him over the stamped image.  I've used a scrap of plastic packaging for my window and craft foam for the layer.  I used the stripey side of a Kort og Godt patterned card for my card base. 

Inside the pattern is stars and I cut a panel of paper and stamped the bunny again.


I also wanted to enter the Emboss Resist challenge.  I found a scrap of card I had already stamped and embossed with Rubber Dance Buttons and white embossing powder.  I gave it a watercolour wash with Worn Lipstick distress ink, wiped off the embossed areas and cut with two stitch rectangle dies.  I inked all the edges with pink Promarker, inside and out, and glued them on to a base card.  I found a pink scrap that was big enough for a panel and the sentiment strip.  I cut it with the small stitched rectangle die and stamped MFT cowgirl from Saddle Up and Celebrate.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set on the remaining strip.  I coloured the cowgirl with Promarkers and added a little glitter to her hat.  I cut round her feet so I could slip the sentiment banner behind them.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Bunny Hugs is joining the fun at
MFT Stamps Camp Create Day 1 - Spectacular Shakers
Papercraft Challenge 72 - Shaker Cards
We Love Chocolate Baroque August Favourite Stamps Challenge anything bunny....



Cowgirl is joining the fun at
MFT Stamps Camp Create Day 3 - Emboss Resist
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 409
Stamping Sensations - Any Occasion




10 comments:

brenda said...

Two really sweet creation Mia and the shaker is such fun, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque August challenge.

B x

HilaryJane said...

Love these two Gail. your shaker has worked really well on the first card. I know what you mean about making shaker cards, don't do it often myself, I get too cross with it! I love the stars inside and the extra little bunny stamp. The button background on your cowgirl stamp is very clever. She looks really cool, love the colours too. It was so nice to see you in the we love Chocolate Baroque gallery this month xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both your cards are adorable but LOVE your bunny one!!!! Such amazing and supersweet shaker!! :) Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque August challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh how I love that bunny stamp he is so cute the fact that this is also a shaker card is fantastic, brilliant card Gail thank you for joining our challenge at WLCB this month
hugs
lorraine x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lisa said...

what a sweet card Gail, I love the little pops of orange on the card, ties it all together nicely. Thank you for sharing your creation with us on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx

Maikreations said...

I love your shaker card! The bold colours and the big shaker sentiment look awesome! Thank you so much for taking part in our "Shaker Card" challenge at PaperPapercraft Challenges. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting, Maike

Mervi said...

Two fabulous and cute cards.

Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge;-))m

pinky said...

I love them both, especially the bunny shaker!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations!

Di said...

Two really great cards - love the shaker, plus the little cowgirl is brilliant!

Hugs

Di xx