Saturday 10 April 2021

Let Bubbles Sleep

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the 10th of the month and time for the new challenge at Let's Squash It!  Let's Squash It! is the first and probably the only challenge for embossing folders in the universe.   We are having a blast exploring the not so humble embossing folder, dusting them off and making them do things previously unimagined.  Well, maybe.....  Here's something I imagined at 3 o'clock in the morning.......

This is my inspiration card for the start of challenge #7,
use at least 3 different embossing folders and include a person.  

 

I started with this DoCrafts Born To Shop Beauty Sleep embossing folder. 

I embossed a piece of white card and using Promarkers and Distress Markers I coloured the image.  Then I fussy cut it.  Quite an interesting result me thinks.

I used DoCraft A5 Cherry Blossom Stripe folder with lime green card and Sizzix Stripes folder with dark green card, cut the pieces 4cm wide and glued them to a 5 x 7" card.  The Stripes folder is only 4x6, so there is a join where I extended the embossing, but it doesn't matter cos I'm gonna stick a chair over it!!!!!  A new way to hide a card boo boo!!!!

The chair and the cat were kinda flying in mid air so I made some ground using a piece of gold pearlescent card that I embossed with Sizzix Dot Swirl folder. 

Hop over to the Let's Squash It! blog, check out the awesome inspiration from Jo and our GDT Sally and join the fun.  If you needs some ideas for using your embossing folders don't forget to look at the Technique Time posts.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Unstampabelles Challenge 110 - Animal Fun Twist Layers





6 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fun combination Gail and I think the grounding finishes it off perfectly, good call!

Dotty Jo said...

That grounding was a good call. I feel the need to up my game for my next card for this challenge. And what is it with 3am and creativity? Jo x

Robyn Oliver said...

A fantastic card Gail... your four embossing folder combination is brilliant... I'm going to have to look at my EF in a different light with this challenge, thanks for the inspiration, Robyn

Fikreta said...

great card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a challenge, Gail - just love the wall paper and rug you created for that fun image!!

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous and such a lot of fun! Thanks for playing with us at Unstampabelles.